Moving to Wisconson

sula

The trick to living in Wisconsin is to find the right balance between whining about the snow and appreciating it. I grew up in Wisconsin, so as a child I equated it with sledding and days off from school :joy:
As a young adult, it was phoning around to see who was driving so we could all get to the ski hill.
Now, I'm the Mom who drives so the kids can snowboard.:)
That said, this current below-zero crap can just go away...

magooo2

Welcome to Wisconsin....The land of June, July and WINTER...and by the way it will hit a high of 4 today.

sula

There, you see, just the heat wave I was hoping for....
The two most common observations about our weather:
Summer: "It's not the heat, it the gosh-darn HUMIDITY"
Winter: "It's not the snow, it's the COLD"

dockery07

I am going to be so cold.. And just think I am moving in Feb. How much is this going to suck.
At least I should be able to take the boys to play in the snow.

sula

Dockery -
brace yourself. February truly sux, even those who love Wisconsin agree. But you'll get here when it's almost over. And Spring is wonderful!

dockery07

Thanks,
I am also looking for a tank, about 150 or so tank only. is there any places you can think of in the area that i can get a used tank for? I need to set up a sump before I can ship the fish to the new house.

robchuck

Aquatic World in Oconomowoc, WI sells tanks for just about wholesale prices. They have the biggest selection of tanks I have seen, and I've made the 2 hour trek from Chicago on more than one occasion to pick up tanks for QT, sumps, and other setups.

dockery07

Thanks, I will have him check them out when he is up there next week. Maybe they can hold one till we close

sula

Keep in mind that's about an hour away. May want to check out places like Pet World, etc - but I also have heard that the one in Oconomowoc has some of the best deals on tanks.
Good luck :)

dockery07

It is okay if it is 1 hour away; he does not have much going on after work. And if they have good deals then it will be all worth it.

tripleshot

You will probley want to check out Hoffers tropical life its in millwaukee.. Very cool place they have just about anything you could want their.. A phone number for you so you can call them if you like..414-353-6553 by the way welcome to wisconsin..
-33 right now with the wind chill

ordsway

we're in sw minnesota about a 3hr drive, but the prices are worth it, can send you pics if you like, have several tanks, about 1000lbs of live rock on hand. at 3.35/lb etc.

dockery07

Hey are you going to keep up your end of the trade? I have been waiting on bindings for MONTHS now and still nothing from you. We will run into each other once I get up there on friday it is a very small world when you deal with Saltwater fish.

loopy

Hey....Keller, I lived in Watauga for a while, then North Richland Hills. LOVE Keller!!
About wisconsin.......SNOW.......what snow?????? Cold......geezus, it's cold all summer, who said we have summer. Cows.....hardly anyone farms here anymore...no way to make a living.
I love texas, hate wisconsin...born here, moved to Texas and then came back.......why, I have no idea.
Lotsa us from WI on here I see!!!!
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!