Moving up

jmbr082885

i ran into a problem with my 23 gal flatback hex, all my fish died. i was out of money and almost lost hope. then things turned around. got my tax return, and bought a 55 gal, w/prizm skimmer, i made a refugium out of an other 20 gal tank. i have a coralife 10,000k and actnic 48" lighting system. right now i have 30 lbs of live rock, and 40 pounds of dead. 60 lbs. live sand. i will be using the 23 gal as a quarantine tank. basically the new tank is going to be a reef tank, and i have cycled the new tank for about a waak and a half. i was just wondering, does anyone see any flaws w my system? is there anything else i need to get? i still don't have a saltwater masters test kit, but i am at my lfs about three times a week getting it tested and talking to everyone. any advise would help.
will post pics soon.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you are on the right track, but is the lighting high intensity? Unless you have high intensity lighting, you can not keep most corals. What are you using for water circulation?
Excellent choice to set up a quarantine tank...a decision you will not regret. Also, good choice to rely on natural filters for your tank.
Welcome to Saltwaterfish.com!