** Mowing the Grass-Must see **

farmboy

A whole different perspective on cutting grass . . .
I hope the picture will go through for you of this Army soldier in Iraq with his tiny "plot" of grass in front of his tent.
It's heartwarming!
Here is a soldier stationed in Iraq, stationed in a big sand box. He asked his wife to send him dirt (U.S. soil), fertilizer and some grass seeds so he can have the sweet aroma and feel the grass grow beneath his feet.
If you notice, he is even cutting the grass with a pair of a scissors. Sometimes we are in such a hurry that we don't stop and think about the little things that we take for granted.
Upon receiving this, please say a prayer for our soldiers that give and give (and give up) so unselfishly for us.
You don't have to send this on, but gosh, who wouldn't...?

T

tizzo

Wow!! I guess I too have been taking my grass for granted. Lemme go out and...KISS MY GRASS!!
I had to do it!!
But that pic is very interesting! I wonder how he got the seeds and dirt. :notsure:

notenoraa

Originally Posted by Tizzo
Wow!! I guess I too have been taking my grass for granted. Lemme go out and...KISS MY GRASS!!
I had to do it!!
But that pic is very interesting! I wonder how he got the seeds and dirt. :notsure:

tizzo my dear.... you really should read the whole post.

T

tizzo

Oops...skipped that whole paragraph. Skimming I believe somebody called it before.

And you quoted me so I can't even go back and edit. What's your password? I'll change it for you.

hot883

Thats a great one. I have felt his pain needing some American soil and grass before. In my 20 years in the Marine Corps, I often found myself on some deployment or another and wishing for the "luxuries" of such as cutting grass, moving the trash cans out to the curb. All the little things we do on a daily basis that we take for granted that our brave guys and gals serving this Nation cannot do.
Remember Friday the 11th andgo "Out of your way" to thank a Vet. Barry

adam747

Oops...skipped that whole paragraph. Skimming I believe somebody called it before.

And you quoted me so I can't even go back and edit. What's your password? I'll change it for you.

:mad: Its not funny.

adam747

Originally Posted by hot883
Living in Okla. I visited family in Michigan; now that's grass.
Good old fashioned Michigan grass...gotta love it!! Tastes alright too! Dont ask...

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Adam747
:mad: Its not funny.

No no actually that was not in relation to you although it's kinda ironic. I've been trying to get his name, email addy or anything from him for the last two days, the password was just another attempt.
See, we are all trying to figure out who he was before he was snailheave, so don't be mad at me, that actually had nothing to do with your situation.

farmboy

We still have an all volunteer military. God bless them!

That is one of the first signs of spring. The smell of fresh-cut grass. . . . .The things we take for granted. :thinking:

notenoraa

No no actually that was not in relation to you although it's kinda ironic. I've been trying to get his name, email addy or anything from him for the last two days, the password was just another attempt.
See, we are all trying to figure out who he was before he was snailheave, so don't be mad at me, that actually had nothing to do with your situation.

couldnt possibly be purity now could it?