Mr. Limpid 180gal fish only

mr. limpid

Started this new tank in March of 2017, it is an acrylic 180. I used all my old live rock from my 135 about 160LB the sand is new. I have my old wet dry filter converted into a sump with Chaetomorpha and aqurapure filter. Living in the tank: (2) Mated pair Ocellaris Clownfish, 10 years old; Humma Trigger, 4 years old; Cream Angle, 2 years old; (3) Heniochus Butterflies, 4 months old. Future inhabits, Naso Tang, Achilles or Desjardini Tang, Powder Blue Tang, Christmas or Bird Wrasse. In the last picture this is the two clowns nesting eggs, they were stuck in the corner of the glass about 4" above sand.

Attachments

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Nice looking tank. The total clear glass look no top is sleek. What are doing for lighting?

mr. limpid

Beth,
Since its a fish only I used the Fluval 2.0 LED's. They nice pop in colors and don't kill you on price. Plus I added the controller so the lights dim and come on automatically.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Beth,
Since its a fish only I used the Fluval 2.0 LED's. They nice pop in colors and don't kill you on price. Plus I added the controller so the lights dim and come on automatically.
FOWLR. Yes, I like brightly lit sunshine-like tanks over the blue light tanks personally.