Mr_X's Addiction

mr_x

Hi. Doug from Paoli, Pa. (just south of King of Prussia) here.
my tank is actually 195 gallons..but i just round it up to 200. it's a 60 inch long, 25 inch high, 30 inch deep(from front to back) glass tank with starfire glass on the front pane.
the tank is built in-wall, has 2 overflows, and is drilled for a closed loop.
i use a 125 gallon perfecto tank as a sump with refugium.
over the tank are 3 x 250 watt mogul based halides in lumenarc mini reflectors, powered by SLS galaxy electronic ballasts.
as a suppliment, i use 4 x 54 watt T-5 UVL actinics powered by advance ballasts.
in the sump is a mag24 for return, and the closed loop utilizes an oceans motions 4 way and a sequence reeflo dart.
an unmodded ASM G4X sits in the sump as well.
over the refugium is a 125 watt 6400 compact flourescent mogul based lamp.
i should also mention that i have a 30 breeder set up with a 40 breeder as a sump, for frags and grow out, with a nova extreme pro 6 x 39 watt T-5 fixture in the mix.
here are some pics.....
tank as of 2/23/08

old pic of back of tank....

old pic of sump shortly after i added it....

light over refugium..incase you were wondering-

and finally frag and grow out tank with sump(50 pounds of live rock in the sump to hold bacteria, and a euro reef cs6-1, with a mag7 return)

thanks for looking! :wink:

keith burn

Sweet love the full set up pic's most just show the dt and not full set up.
As for me I love to see the set up side of sw tanks as much if not more...
To see the sump/fuge and how you use it helps a lot...thanks...

T

tizzo

I see you have corals placed low in the DT, I like that. Makes me feel a little better about my own lights/ tank depth.
AND what's your bulbs K rating?
AND what kinda camera took such a colorful shot? All my full tank pics look grey.

C

cmaxwell39

Very nice tank. You have some absolutely huge and gorgeous coral colonies in there.
On your frag tank, what all are you growing out under the T5's? Also, what is the bulb combination that you have in the NEP? Thanks.

mr_x

i am growing out everything i can possibly fit, in the prop tank.

that is a 6 bulb extreme pro over a 12" tank. i have sps doing well on the top shelf. i actually had to remove all but 1 daylight bulb from the unit and replace them with 75/25's.
the lighting over my display (in that pic)are 3 hamilton 14k's(which i'm not too happy with), and 4 x 54 watt UVL super actinic T-5's.
i've recently changed the center lamp to a 400 watt 14k ushio. we'll see how that works out.
the camera is an old sony cybershot dsc f707

S

saltyshogun

WOW!!!! That looks like a lot of fun. Truly WONDERFUL set-up.

gatorwpb

Very very beautiful Mr. X!! Love the whole frag grow out tank setup over the DT sump. Looks like lots of fun. I cant wait till I have a larger space to work with so I can do something similar.
Also, looks like you have a thing for xenia like I do lol (sarcasm)

mr_x

Originally Posted by Flricordia
http:///forum/post/2627961
Awesome tank. Does it seem you xenia dies off a bit every 4 months or so only to come back even stronger?

i wish!
na. it doesn't ever die off.

thanks everyone for the compliments.

yukon

SWEET TANK!!!!
your making me want to go spend money on my addiction.
Defiantly helps to show the wife that there are people out there that are way more addicted than me

Keep up the good work

mr_x

the tank is about 8 months old now(some of the corals have been with me wayyyyyy back in my 75, then in my 125, and now in their latest home).
yep, busy it is. just the way i like it. about 75 different species of corals so far and counting.
i like the nova pro. it's a nice fixture. alittle strong for my 12" deep frag tank though. i had to replace all but one of the daylight bulbs with 75/25's.