MRC Calc reactor

badkharma

I've been looking at getting a calc reactor (co2, etc) system for awhile and have been drawn to the MRC systems. How helpful are they? Is it worth the $$??

mr. tuna

I was DYING to get one... but it is not worth the money. :nope:
If i were you, but a kent aqua doser, and drip kalkwasser. It stabilizez PH, ALK, CAL.. and it is much cheaper! I have been using the doser for about a month now, and i see growth in everything. Cal reactor.. not worth it. :nope:
Tuna____

badkharma

That's a response I was looking for. I was planning on getting the kent aquadoser and just using that. Sounds a lot easier anyway. :)

liverock27

I was also looking at the kent, but didn't know what to think about it because of the cheaper price. Where on your tank to do have it, HOB or in a sump?

robchuck

Plus, dripping kalk can become a headache when the hose clogs up, or when you have to mix up new batches of kalkwasser all the time, etc.
I used to drip kalk from an Aquadoser, but hated doing it so much that I switched to B-Ionic for Ca/Alk. Now I'm exploring the options of a calcium reactor and/or a Nilsen reactor.
I don't have experience with an MRC Ca reactor, but I do have one of Andy's skimmers and am very pleased with the quality. His dual calcium reactors are at the top of my list, but I've also taken a liking to Barr Aquatic's reactor. Also, look at Reeftek's reactor and the Geo's Reef reactor.

golfish

Badkharma,
Check out the So Cal forum over at --. There's always somebody selling a Ca reactor. If not there's a couple guys around me that build em. Andy makes good stuff, I have one of his Kalk reactors but you could probably get a better price from a local guy