Msx Skimmer

foundanemo

I got a MSX 200 for $260 shipped, on every one's favorite

[hr]
site. Seemed like a good deal to me. I have never owned a real skimmer, I always used a prism hang on back skimmer. I hope it kicks some arse!!

netimreefer

I am looking at the same skimmer for the same sized diy sump you should let me know how that works for you, thanks tim

netimreefer

thanks nemo! I know how you feel about not having a real skimmer I have a seaclone 150 on my 55 and it is marginal at best, and did some research on the octopus x200 and apparently according to whatsupdoc(this forums skimmer guru), that one and the msx are the same skimmer!

foundanemo

Im just so excitied to get it. I will finally have a skimmer that can do some real work for me. now i just need to figure what i will put in the fuge.

mojo46825

make sure you keep your water level around 8 to 9 inches for your msx 200. A 29 is a bit tall but will work fine. Just thought I would throw taht out there. I own a msx 200 as well. Not sure what kind of bioload you have. I have a 75 witha 30g sump. The 200 is almost too much skimmer. But it rocks so it will stay.

foundanemo

Thanks for the info, glad to hear its awesome. I can't wait to get it. I know its gonna make my prism look like an air stone.

sly

I replaced my Kent TE skimmer with an MSX 160 and there is a HUGE difference. You won't be disappointed.