mudplayerx

mr_bill

LOL, I don't know I have so much time in it now it's almost a shame to just up and leave. I'm waiting for something really cool to come out and then I'll probably make a change. DAOC looked fun bug I love the eye candy in WoW.

fuax

Their is a new game coming out in November called "Dark and Light" I will be switching to it when it comes out it really looks awesome.

mr_bill

Weblink for that?
There is another one I heard about made by Bill Roper and the oooooold Blizzard group who left to form that new company. It is some kind of post apocalyptic RPG looked kind of interesting.

mudplayerx

Currently I am playing on Bloodscalp on the Alliance side. What server/faction are you playing? My mains are a 34 druid and a 39 hunter... although I have been playing my warlock mostly now.
I also play Everquest II (I played Everquest 1) for 5 years. I played Tallon Zek server on EQ1 (pvp). I made like $3,000 when I sold my account LOL. I had over 1 million platinum saved up.
Its kind of sad though as I think I am becoming burned out on MMORPG's. I'm 27 years old now and I've been playing them for over 5-6 years. The awe of exploration has worn off and a lot of the times I find myself playing for nostalgic reasons, and being bored/let down most of the times.
I love the player vs player aspect of MMO's, and I don't think any game ever did it as well as Everquest 1.
ps- I'm definately going to be giving Dungeons and Dragons Online a try when it comes out. Finally it looks as if a MMO comapny will try something different for a change. You don't even get experience for killing stuff in D&D online... only for the quests... and every server will have employees doing live events 24/7.

mr_bill

D&D online does look nice.
I'm on Mannoroth with a 49 warlock horde side, and Argent Dawn 43 hunter alliance side. I have a ton of alts ranging from all kinds of levels in the 30's. I played another MMORPG called Savage Eden for about a year.
Still looking for that next game like you two. I play online with my son and a few friends, and I'm 31years old so you have no hope in actually losing the MMORPG ich i'm afraid.

fuax

Mud if you think everquest has good player verses player you really need to check out Dark Age of Camelot (althought I will be leaving that game soon it has the best pvp hands down of any mmo) (that is what the whole game is based off of.)
bill just go to www.darkandlight.com

mr_bill

Well another big draw in a game for me is the treasure hunting. I looooove to grind through those monsters to find shiny things. How is D&D online working that aspect of the game??

mudplayerx

I tried DAoC but I really didn't get into it. Maybe I jsut didn't give it a chance. What I liked about everquest combat was that Sony didn't bend over backwards trying to make all of the classes balanced. If you chose a class that sucked at pvp, that was your fault :p
I've been told about dark and light as well, but the graphics of it looked like a real letdown to me... at least at the point of developement that I saw.
As far as D&D online... I think monsters still drop loot, but you get no level advancement from them. We shall see. I'll probably have my 2nd degree when the next generations of MMO's come out and won't have much time to play :(

speg

You guys ever get into any text based MUD's? I finally got bored of them... have been hooked on that for 10 years - since I was 12.

mr_bill

Ya, my intoduction to online games was a game(name escapes me now) that was text based but you were able to interact with real people over the BB's. LOL< BB's sounds funny now but I was the man with my 386 Packard Bell PC.

speg

The text based game I usually played used to have 100+ people on it at all times. Now recently you're lucky if you see 30. I suspect its due to all the new online picture games... so sad.

mudplayerx

I still occasionally play a text based MUD called Aardwolf. It usually has like 300 people playing on it. Another one I play is Shadowdale...based on AD&D rules, but not that many players on.

mudplayerx

Cool screenshot. I didn't know warlocks got infernals as low as level 37, thats cool!
I rerolled my shaman to be a Tauren for the war stomp and added healthpool. I think he's level 10 now. I'm glad I decided to make a new character because it is so refreshing and all the horde quests are new to me.

mr_bill

Originally Posted by mudplayerx
Cool screenshot. I didn't know warlocks got infernals as low as level 37, thats cool!
I rerolled my shaman to be a Tauren for the war stomp and added healthpool. I think he's level 10 now. I'm glad I decided to make a new character because it is so refreshing and all the horde quests are new to me.
That warlock is lvl49 now but he was using enslave demon in that shot. Warlocks can enslave lots of different demons.
What server are you tying horde on?

mudplayerx

I'm on the new one (well 3 weeks old) called Dark Iron. My shaman's name is Longduck. I generally play really odd hours anywhere from 10pm to 4am central. Stop by and maybe we can kill a few do gooders :p

mr_bill

Sounds good, I'll work on making some time to logon. Shaman are some strong buggers, you said tauren so your probably still doing those quests over around ThunderBluff.