multiple angels

tink

They have been together for 2wks and they dont even look at eachother unless they are feeding then they kinda take turns, they gang up on the yellow tangs more than they mess with eachother, btw a 7in emperor is more than 1/2 grown cause hes in captivity and anyways it dosent matter he will just get bigger and prettier

lion_crazz

Two weeks is nothing. As they get older, you will most likely begin to see problems. An imperator angel grows to be 15 inches, so as already said, 7 inches is not half way yet.

aquageek

I am sure many don't agree with me, but I have combined angels. I have had good luck with them. As long as they are not from the same genus you will be fine. I have a flagfin in the same tank with a red sea regal and a flame. They are healthy and eat everything.

cougar

I had a Koran and a Grey together for over 2 yrs. Like it has been said, even though these guys were living in perfect harmony in a 240 gal 8ft tank once they began to mature, the grey first, fights starting happening. Eventually I had to move my Koran to another tank, it came to the point were the koran would sit in a cave the grey couldn't get into. I have made posts before saying large angels could be kept together but I am eating my own words now. My dwarfs, coral and flame, are doing great together for many years.

aquageek

I think that the medium sized angels, such as the flagfin, are not as mean as the larger pomacanthus angels. I do plan on getting a 220 gallon tank in the future. But, in the mean time I am keeping a close eye daily on their behavior and I inspect them for injuries. I am finding that they all are getting enough to eat and have their own hiding cave at night.

xdave

When you consider the different sized angels you have to look at what their adult wild size is. A pomacanthus thats 18" in the wild may get along with one thats only 10" in the wild even though they may only grow to be a couple inches apart in captivity. You'd need to have the smallest species first, then put in the while still juvi colored. Flagfins, Regals, Majestics, and, Personifers, are all medium ones. And thats pretty much in order of likelyhood to work too.

bot587

tink give it time... im not trying to be mean, but it does not usually work... give em 2 years to mature then come tell us it works

aqman

I just got a french about a couple of week ago and try it with my emperor and it did not work at all. As soon as the french was put into my tank the emperor chase him non stop.
My tank is 150 gal. The french is about 8" and the emperor is about 7". Both have their full color. My wife said she want to keep the french. Most of us married men know what the wife say, she get. So I removed the emperor and will be selling/trading him as soon as I can take a picture and post the info. I now see what everybody is saying about two angel in the same tank. I tried it and it did not work for me.
Thanks, ZK

imajeckel

i have a mated pair of flames that i bought from my lfs.....i have had them for 2 years now no problem.....but i paid out the butt for them because it doesnt happin very often....400 for both....but once i seen them i couldnt resist...i have noticed that my lfs carries alot more pairs now too.....for half the price as they used to be...lots of coral beauties and flames pairs...mine are in a 90gal....does anyone else have a mated pair