Multiple Filters?

djxtc21

This may be a dumb question but I have been thinking about this for awhile
So I have a 55g FOWLR (for now) tank, I have about 60lbs of LR and a sump filter (rated upto 75G) and a skimmer (also rated for upto 75g)
I was thinking about adding a canister filter as well to add to the filtering and to keep the water as close to perfect as possible
Do you guys think this is a useful idea?

natclanwy

As long as you keep it clean it can't hurt. I would clean the canister no less than every three weeks ie (rinse all of the media and clean the filter pads).

oneradtek

haha why not turn a HOB filter into a mini refugium like me!? hhaha, i took crushed coral and filed the media slots and stuck mangrove pods in there, leave the covers off it and it works just as good. pulls alot of nitrates out of your tank naturally

trouble93

Originally Posted by djxtc21
http:///forum/post/2947657
This may be a dumb question but I have been thinking about this for awhile
So I have a 55g FOWLR (for now) tank, I have about 60lbs of LR and a sump filter (rated upto 75G) and a skimmer (also rated for upto 75g)
I was thinking about adding a canister filter as well to add to the filtering and to keep the water as close to perfect as possible
Do you guys think this is a useful idea?
I'm using that setup one of my tanks rightnow. Just make sure you clean it about every two weeks or so.