Multiple Mouthed Open Brain

squidd

I was going to ask this question myself...thanks Mossad327
Is it a single animal? When I feed mine the area around that mouth puffs up, not the whole thing. :confused:
I have been feeding once every couple days...a different mouth each time. Two are easy to get to, one takes a couple of tries to get food to 'stick" before the current blows it away.
:cool:

squidd

I was told one thing at the LFS...(phytoplankton in water and good lights)
And then I searched on This forum (occasional feeding, small peices krill/squid and lights)
I've been feeding 1/2 hr after lights out...Tiny little peice...spot feed near mouth...tentecals pull in toward mouth...mouth opens...engulfs food...retracts...takes about an hour.
Next day that section looks "fuller" and overall color and shape has improved...
Only had him three weeks...four feedings...Maybe he was "starved' when I got him? Looks better now.:)
:cool:

broomer5

I feed any mouth that will accept food.
Thawed out squid seems to be food that it takes most readily.
Most likely, you will see a healthier specimen if you feed weekly.

T

thomas712

Waterfaller -
I could be wrong but it looks like your typical Trachyphyllia geoffroyi, and quite frankly yours looks a bit closed up to me.
Thomas

jonthefb

Thomas i actually think that is a Wellsophyllia.....waterfaller....at the base(underneath of the brain....does it come to a point...like the top of a cone or is it flat?
if come shaped, tis trachyphyllia, if flat its wellsophyllia!
good luck
jon