murky water

jimbo63

Hello, T he water in my tank is a little murky. In my tank are 1 chromis, 2 clowns, cuc- 3 hermites, 7 snails. Tank size is 33g, equipment is penguin 200, 1 power head. I feed everyday, To much feeding? Water tests are fine and fish are ok. I run lighting for 8 hrs.

jimbo63

It is clear when you look at the front , but when you look from side to side it looks brownish.

tank a holic

not sure man......
I'd try running a filter with carbon and see if that will clear it up
I feed once a day too, as long as the fish are eating all the food you should be ok...... especially if ammonia and trites aren't up

natclanwy

I bet carbon will clear it up, I stopped running carbon for a while and I noticed my tank looked fine from the front but looking at the side it had a green/yellow cast to it.

natclanwy

I run black diamond carbon in my canister, but if you don't have a filter to run it in you can just float it in a mesh bag near a powerhead or sump drain not as effective but still works.

tank a holic

i have a marineland canister filter I run all the time, and an aqua clear HOB filter I have just for emergencies.
If things get out of whack I can turn it on and the fresh carbon will take out the impurities.
as with all media filters you need to change and or rince the different media's every so often