Mushroom cliffhanger

noobzilla

I woke up this morning to notice something off in my tank, upon further investigation it looks like the plug I got my mushroom on, fell off the live rock it's been on for a couple months. I'm wondering if I should intervene, or just let nature take it's course and see what happens?

Does anyone want to give their .02? I really don't want to stress it out anymore then it probably is already.

snakeblitz33

I really like the title of this thread. lol
Everything should be fine. Mushrooms can take a beating. In fact, you may notice that it will start splitting, and instead of one mushroom, you will have two! yay!

noobzilla

They sell for around $5 a plug at my LFS, some have 1 big one, others have multiple smaller one. So they didn't seem to bad on pricing, usually I can chat them down some too, if I find something I really like.

snakeblitz33

Eh, that doesn't seem that bad of a price. If I were going with shrooms, I'd always get the more interesting looking ones .... or mushroom anemones. Green Rhodactus mushrooms were always a favorite of mine.

noobzilla

They really don't have much of a selection on shrooms locally, and that was one of the nicer looking ones. It's nice and reactive under my blue light, compared to the others they had. I've been looking at some on the site here, but I'm not sure I trust mail ordering livestock.

snakeblitz33

Well, I have ordered from saltwaterfish.com a few times and I can say that I really liked the quality of livestock that I got from them. They are well packaged and they truly care for their livestock. They also handle claims very well and have pretty good customer service. If there are any snags, they will either delay shipment (such as inclimate weather) and generally take care of your new additions as if they were their own. So, yes, I do recommend this site to anyone that is new to buying livestock online.

noobzilla

Good to know, I live up in the mountains were we get winter temps of -20 and lower, and summers in the triple digits. That's one of the reasons I'm weary, I'd hate to order something then have a freak snowstorm roll in. The last one dropped over 4 feet in one night! I have been looking at some of the Zoa assortment packs they have online here, because I'm got pretty much all the colors I can find locally, and still want more color in the tank.
They do have some really cool shrooms on the site here! One of the managers at the store I frequent called me to come check out some new frags today, because I've been talking to him about what I'm looking for. He pulled some out of his home tanks for me, so it's things that currently aren't for sale in the shop. Maybe I'll put in an order here, and if things are as good as people claim, swap some frags out to get more colors in the local shops. At a much later date of course!