mushroom falling help?

dad

I'm not sure what to do here. My problem is that I bought a riccora(I think that is how you slell it). When I purchaced it, I picked it because it was already attatched to a small rock.
I place it 1/2 was up my rocks. The problem is that something at nights sometimes knocks it off!
What is the best way to keep it from falling?
Glue perhaps? or should I try somehow to detatch it from the small rock?
I thought it might eventually attatch itself to the larger one.
Thanks, ;)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
It will eventually attach itself, but this takes a bit of time. You probably don't want to attach it with hobby epoxy until you are sure that the coral is doing well where you placed it. Why don't you just use some rock rubble around the base to secure it, or place a smaller piece of LR in front to support it.
Make sure it is not excessive current that is causing it to tumble.

dad

Thanks Beth,
I have it in a place where it will just not fall out on it's own. I'm not sure what is pushing it out?
Anyways, Thanks.

brian'sreef

check for some kind of night critter in the tank ..i had a rock with some button polyps on it and had the perfect place i wanted to put it turned out that's not where the crab (not sure what kind) who lived in the hole nearby wanted it and he kept pushing it off.. anyway..caught the crab fed him to an octopus and the polyps haven't fallen since..perhaps you have a renagade hitchhiker...good luck
Brian

I bought a ricordia mushroom that had detached from the mother rock and was on the sand bed from my LFS. Every place I wanted to put him apparently was not suitable to him...he moved...on his own. I placed him again a few days ago and he has not moved from that spot. Has not attached yet...but hasn't moved. I went so far as to put him in a shell with rubberbands over it..like a jail of sorts, wanted him to attach to the shell so I could put him where I wanted him...well he got out of his jail and moved. I think I got the renegade ricordia.
He is almost as bad as an anemone!