Mushroom ID Please

mzangelzs

:help: I'll try to post a pic this evening. But I just bought a rock that has 2 shrooms on it the size if baseballs and the skin color of the shrooms is neon green and the pimples on it r purple very bright can someone help id please

teresaq

I do have one like the first picture, not sure the name. had it for 2 yrs, and finally about a month ago it has split. in to 4 all by it self. have you fed it. its pretty cool. lay some mysis or shimp on it, and it will close around it.

dogstar

TeresaQ's first photo is of a Rhodactis sp. commonly/sometimes called a Frilly Mushroom...they do grow large and come in many color variants. Can look different under different types of lighting..heres one/some thats more purple....

mzangelzs

yeah that last pic looks a lot like it! I just got it yesterday, Will have a hard time feeding it my tank is a 110gl. with a canopy I can't reach the bottom of the tank any suggestions?

whackamole

i have one. shrooms dont need to be feed. there mostly photosnithic it will survive on the light and whatever it catches.(correct me if im wrong) even if a flake getis into it. it closes and eat it

polarbear1

Originally Posted by Dogstar
TeresaQ's first photo is of a Rhodactis sp. commonly/sometimes called a Frilly Mushroom...they do grow large and come in many color variants. Can look different under different types of lighting..heres one/some thats more purple....
I also heard a giant elephant ear mushroom. They do grow very large my largest 1 is sometimes about 12inches at times. I dont get to see the tank but 1 time a week usually lights are off when I do.