Mushroom Placement

Hello everyone, I am new to this hobby and need your advise and guidance. I just received my first mushroom, a single head (1). It was a gift from a fellow SWF.COM member (thejeweler). It did not come attached to anything, I just layed it on top of a piece of LR.
However, the current blew it off, and it was floating in the currents. I grabbed it and placed it again on a piece of LR and again it was blown off.
I left it on the sand bed for now.
What should I do? How do I place it and where? Help Please!!!!!!
Thanks, Lionman

harris28

well you have a couple of options. You can get a container with live rock rubble and place the mushroom it and cover it with a mesh and in about a week it should atatch to a rock. The mesh I use is from a bag like when I buy a bag of oranges and I cut it up and place over the container.
Or you can place the shroom on a rock and rubberband the mesh bag over it and wait a good week.
After the week check to see if the shroom has grabbed ahold. If it has then you can glue the rock basically where ever in the tank you want. If it has not grabbed a hold yet you will have to wait longer.
Shrooms and ric's need to be done this way because they slim alot and will not take to the glue and obviously as you just found out you can not just place them somewhere or they will blow off.