mushrooms moving??

blazehok68

well last night i looked at my mushroom colony and it looked like one of the shrooms was completely detatched from the rock. recently i moved all of my rocks around and put the shrooms in a little bit higher flow area. ive heard that when shrooms do not like where they are at, they will tend to "walk" around a little bit. does anybody have any experience with this??
55 gal
90 lbs lr
75 lbs ls
220 watts pc
all levels are stable.
sorry no pic.
:thinking: :notsure: :thinking: :notsure:

mona

hmmm, shrooms don't have legs, so they cannot walk..

but, i think they usually can fall off, OR they eventually will attach themselves or grow on another rock..
anyway, its not a bad thing..
good fishing. :happyfish

pyro

I thought they actually could "walk". I remember when I split my one mushroom, there were tons of white "loopy" things that looked to me like they could aid in small movements.
I've heard that too, but haven't noticed it yet in my tank.

alohami

Another member recently had this happen. From what I have heard, they will leave a trail of little baby shrooms wherever they go, so you should end up with some little ones soon!
Good Luck!

blazehok68

actually i had a chunk of rock break off of that colony and it had 2 shrooms on it. the next day one of the shrooms was missing. i actually found it yesterday on another piece of rock. i loooked at the little rock this morning and there was another little shroom on the original rock. so i guess that explains a lot.

blazehok68

well i got home from work last night and 2 huge shrooms that were on the original rock were actually attached to a rock below the original one. and there were two tiny shrooms in there place.