Mushrooms shrinking

J

jtizzle120

hey everyone bought some nice mushroons the other day and day by day the get smaller and smaller my water peramaters are normal i just dont understand whats wrong i have xenias that are doin great and some nice polyps with no problems have 2 cleaner shrimp yellow tang and clown everything is well except for these mushrooms, i have 2 mh 250 in my 72 gallon bow front any ideas :help:

dmjordan

where did you place them in your tank and what was the lighting of the tank they came out of. corals need to be light acclimated so if they came out of a poorly lit tank or if you have them middle to high in your tank you should put them on the bottom and in a spot where they do not get direct lighting.

J

jtizzle120

you know what i think they were in a low light tank i did put them at the bottom though should i try putting them in a darker spot

dmjordan

move them to a more shaded area off to the side or corner. every couple of weeks you can move them a little till you get to their final destination.

snaredrum

I have noticed that most LFS place mushrooms in lower lighting than MH. I would put them on the bottom and see what happens.

J

jtizzle120

I have had them on the bottom of the tank since I got them...its so wierd because I have been doing some fragging with some of my corals and they are all doing fine its just these nice shrooms i bought are really getting on my nerves because they are shrinking as the days pass... :thinking:

J

jtizzle120

Ok so I put the shrooms in less lighted area and I feel that they are still shrinking...Any other ideas?

michaeltx

mushrooms go through phases like most corals they can shrink to almost nothing and then come back.
what are your readings on the tank though there might be something there that is causeing it.
Mike