Mushrooms shrivled and i dont know why?

roadrunner

Hey Guys!
I have a set of purple mushrooms that seem to be shrivled all the time and i dont understand why...
i am unsure of the helpful information that would be needed so i'll list what i think will help...
salinity - 1.025
ph - 8.3
am - 0 ppm
trites and trates - 0 ppm
ca - 430 ppm
alk - 9 dkh
magnesium - 1470 ppm
i have 2x65 watt pc lights over a 26 gal bow tank (changed bulbs about 2 weeks ago or so)...but my mushrooms were shrivled long b4 so i dont think its my lights...
i do a weekly water change of 10-12 gallons on a 50 gal total water volume system...ro/di water
all of my other corals in the tank are doing fantastic (zoa's, gsp, xenia, and frogspawn) theses seem to be the only ones with a problem...
if anymore information is need please ask...thanks for the help!

roadrunner

my tank has more then enough flow...i have about 500 gph running through that little 26 gal tank...and they are in the center were good flow is...so i dont believe its the flow...

debbie

Are they in the flow of being blown on hard? Mushrooms don't like a strong current on them. Can you move them to a different part of the tank to see if they open up?
Is there any type(s) of fish lying on them. Some of my mushrooms with shrivel when my maroon clown tries to host on them. My clown hosts in my green hairy mushrooms and they never close up.

roadrunner

i have had them in 3 sifferent locations over the past month from very low flow area to areas of higher flow and nothing...i would say that right now they are in an area with good flow to maybe on the high side but i just can seem to find a good spot for them...

roadrunner

Here is the pic you ask for...the first pic is of my tank and the second is of the mushrooms...if you need to know anything i am happy to tell you!

debbie

Nice tank and rock work....

They don't look to terribly shriveled to me. That is a huge rock they are on hey?
Do they move alot where they are?
Your lights are fine for them so I would not say it is lights. Are these new to your tank?
If so you might want to wait a bit and see if they open up more as they settle in the tank.
I don't know what else to suggest. I bought a single green striped mushroom just about a month ago now and it has taken quite a while to settle in. First of all I had to find a place that i would not get blown away as it was not attached to anything when I bought it. Now it has moved to a crevice of a rock which I am not crazy about but it likes it there. So when it grows it will cover a good portion of that rock. Mushrooms will also move if they are not happy. But yours look fine to me and I would just leave them there for a bit and see what happens with them.

roadrunner

i just know that in the past when they were fully open the front of that rock really wasn't seen...if i could, i would love to have the mushrooms begin to grow on the rock below the rock they are right now......i think it would be really cool if i could get them to cover that rock...no i have had these mushrooms for about 5 moths now...thanks for the compliments on my tank...