Mushrooms smaller

guppy_puppy1

Hi to all! Its been awhile since I have been on, my tank, 46 bow is doing great. Took all suggestion to slow it down. Water tests great, going on 5 mon.I purchased some spotted mushroom and they look as if they are gettin smaller instead of multiplying or growing.Have been in tank for about 6 weeks. Also I have something inside same rock, came with it, It shoots out a long hairlike feeler and cleans on the rock. I can barely see a small claw sometime. You can can kind of see it thru holes and it moves alot. If I put kill on top it picks at it. Could this, whatever it is, maybe cause the mushrooms to do poorly? Also it makes a loud clicking noise when a crab is on the rock. Sorry for the book! Just need some answers from those who might know better than me. Thanks

fallen04

is it possible that your mushrooms are getting too much light. mine were shrinking up and i found out by accident that the lights were pissing it off.

yardrat

are you adding additive to your tank? if so like what? i started adding iodine and my shrooms really came to life.

wrassecal

Hey I have a post about a long hairlike thing shooting out of a hole in a rock I bought with yellow star polyps, I have not seen anything other than the hair thing though but you explain yours like mine. That's wierd. Anyway shrooms like lower light and lower water movement so if you don't already, you might put them on bottom where not a lot of current. I have tried moving mine and they shrink and insist on being in one certain spot to flourish. Let me know if you find out what your hair thing is, we probably have the same thing. :)

kelly

I have some spotted mushrooms, and some of them have done the same thing. I have 3 40W bulbs on the tank, so I do not think it is a lighting problem. All the other mushrooms are doing fine. I dose with Reef Solution and PhytoPlex. If you find out, I would be curious to know also.