Mushrooms...

beachbumtx

Hiya!,
I got some LR from a customer that was giving it away. I was lucky and one piece had some corals on it. The corals include blue mushrooms, yellow polyps, and hairy mushrooms.
This pic is of the side with the blue mushrooms and yellow polyps. Question, are these just yellow polyps or are they considered yellow star polyps? I know green star polyps are all on the same mat, but these are individual polyps.

beachbumtx

I plan fragging these corals, but I will wait until I get my stand built. I am nearly completed with it. Just gotta finish the cap and run the plumbing to the sump. However, I just could not help but frag at least on shroom and here is the result of the one blue mushroom I fragged. So far so good, but still learning. I will not do anymore until the frag tanks are ready.

angelofish

That looks like the same blue mushrooms I have. Mine look like a different color depending on the angle you look at them.These are the fastest spreading and growing IMO.It wont take long before you have more.

clarkiiboi

To the original question: IMO, those look like yellow polyps, not stars. :D Nice freebie by the way!!!!

saltynewbie

i guess i am cursed in the yellow polyp area... i just cant seem to keep them in my tank. i even got to target feeding them cyclop-eeze, and they still dont proliferate. oh well, maybe one day ill get a colony that will live.