Musicians??

S

surfinusa

I play didgeridoo like a super didgeridoo person, and percussion and am learning the guitar.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by surfinusa
I play didgeridoo like a super didgeridoo person, and percussion and am learning the guitar.
Didgeridoo?! I love those things!!!

natemd

I have played guitar for a couple of years now..my claim to fame though, I used to work with the drummer from KIX (an 80's rock band for younger folks on here)

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by Mr. Guitar
Didgeridoo?! I love those things!!!
They are the coolest, I love the awesome droning sound.

kidreef

Originally Posted by hattrick58
'82 Gibson KZII; '84 Gibson Flying V; '04 Takamine EG523SC.
i love gibsons i went to the store saturday it was amazing think u could post some pics of em

indyws6

NATEMD - I know who "Kix" is - I'm old

I grew up listening to Black Sabbath, T-Rex, etc. and then started listening to bands like Tesla (personal favorite), Scorpions, Van Halen (all incarnations), Cinderella, etc. 80's rock rocks! (for us old people)...
KIDREEF - Gibson's Rock! There's a radio station here that has a bit where a pseudo-English rocker says "If you don't play Gibson and Marshall, you're a wanker!" Kind of funny. A friend always liked Fenders, while I liked Gibsons - I would always joke with him that "Fenders belong on bicycles and cars".

Just joking - no flame wars, please
Fender makes nice instruments, too! I love the sound of some of their older amplifiers...

hattrick58

i love gibsons i went to the store saturday it was amazing think u could post some pics of em
WOW! Thanks for asking me to dust the Gibson's off. The V has EMG active pickups (they suck) and I guess when I put it up the last time I never removed the battery. See the corrosion running down the body? On second thought, that could be blood......(jk). The KZII is my favorite of the two Gibsons. It has Seymore Duncan pickups that absolutly scream! It's light and sounds amazing. The only guitar I play with any frequency is the Takamine. It's sweet and has great action. I also have a Marshall 50 w tube combo 1x12 w/ an additional 1x12 cab and an old Randall solid state combo 1x12 that I used back in the metal days. I'm guessing it's 100 w or so. It's loud. Notice the Washburn Wonderbar on the V. Is that antiquated or what?
I had a salesman @ a music store in Dallas tell me "If you don't play Fenders, then you don't know how to play".
I guess I don't know how to play.

indyws6

HATTRICK58 - Greetings

Nice axes! All of my pictures are old-school (film
), so I would have to scan them to post.
Would love to see some photos of other instruments and rigs!

hattrick58

Originally Posted by indyws6
HATTRICK58 - Greetings

Nice axes! All of my pictures are old-school (film
), so I would have to scan them to post.
Would love to see some photos of other instruments and rigs!
Thanks, indyws6. Here's a shot of "Beauty & The Beast".

kbrown08

slightly late, but im a bassist and play some guitar on the side. basswise, im running an esp with a behringer ba410 half stack and bx4500h head. puts out incredible lows.
and thats definitely a nice v.
my guitarist used to play one... had a pretty sick sound to it.

heartben

hey everyone.
i played guitar for about 7 years (slowed down to pretty much not playing at all anymore)
i have been in probably...12 or 13 bands only about 4 of them got to play any shows though.
2 got very big in my area and i did an EP with each of those bands, you can hear them at
www.myspace.com/sadnessfallstonight
( i play guitar, it will be on your right speaker - and i also scream and talk. this band i would consider to be some sort of alternative screamo metal?)
and
www.myspace.com/drgroove
( i play guitar and scream a little bit in this band :we just liked to mix it up: we only had one guitarist in this band. it is some sort of ...alternative funk/groove rock)
i played drums in a band, we didnt play any shows... i played bass in a band and we got to play... have some live recordings but i dont know the link to the songs... we were metalcore/blastmetal?
im not currently in a band... id love to be but i cant find a drummer.
i have some other music ive written that is much softer...
anyways on the sadness falls tonight cd i played a g-400 (its an epiphone SG... i really enjoyed this guitar, but the neck snapped...whatever) with ... i think a super toned down metal zone pedal and an "acoustic" amp (acoustic i believe is a brand from the 70s, its not really for acoustic guitars.)
on the dr. groove cd i played an 85 american telecaster with joe barden pick ups... through a jcm 800 half stack. i still have the guitar, pots are dirty though. shucks. i used the amp gain and various pick up settings... and i used an electro harminx "q tron"
otherwise i have a fender bassman 10 (its got 4 10 inch speakers) its super thick, i love it. couple pedals... meh.
if anyone else posts a link to their music i will listen to every single persons page... i love "local" talent... its ashame some of the garbage that gets produced for the masses... eh.
i draw influences from every genre i guess, you wouldnt be able to tell from just those 2 bands though.
if you feel like talking to me about anything music or whatever you can talk to me on AIM at " theheartben "
oh, i also had an internship at a recording studio here... if anyone needs pointers on recording i can probably help!

kidreef

WOW! Thanks for asking me to dust the Gibson's off. The V has EMG active pickups (they suck) and I guess when I put it up the last time I never removed the battery. See the corrosion running down the body? On second thought, that could be blood......(jk). The KZII is my favorite of the two Gibsons. It has Seymore Duncan pickups that absolutly scream! It's light and sounds amazing. The only guitar I play with any frequency is the Takamine. It's sweet and has great action. I also have a Marshall 50 w tube combo 1x12 w/ an additional 1x12 cab and an old Randall solid state combo 1x12 that I used back in the metal days. I'm guessing it's 100 w or so. It's loud. Notice the Washburn Wonderbar on the V. Is that antiquated or what?
I had a salesman @ a music store in Dallas tell me "If you don't play Fenders, then you don't know how to play".
I guess I don't know how to play.
i hate fenders and squires they all have the same body shape i liek unique basses so i guess i dont know how to play either

heartben

in the band i played bass in - i played a spector bass...
it was super awesome. ive played alot of basses and id have to say the spector was probably my favorite..if not, at least in my top 3.

destru

The KZII is my favorite of the two Gibsons. It has Seymore Duncan pickups that absolutly scream! It's light and sounds amazing.
Hi,
I try to collect some info about Gibson KZ-II
. On the net, I've already found a lot of different pics and 8 serial numbers in order to understand the evolution of this very rare model:
- 80630051 et 80800043 (green tulip LP Kluson tuning machines)
- 80810024, 80810031, 80850073 (Gibson chrome tuning machines)
- 80880058 (stopbar moved away from the tune-o-matic)
[These guitars were made in March 80, between 3rd and 28th]
- 81611077, 81611078 (stopbar replaced like before + "football" strap buttons).
[1981, June 10th]
Hattrick58 wrote about his 82' KZ-II but the photo showed a stopbar moved away from the tune-o-matic like those from the end of March 80. Date error? Confirmation?
Any photo, any serial number, any info about KZ-II will be welcome... Thanks in advance.
Luc (luc@destruvaux.net)