Musicians??

choog

I have played guitar for about 4 years. No bands, strictly hobby. I play a wide range from Texas Country (Pat Green, Cory Morrow, Roger Creager) to hard rock (Metallica, Godsmack, Breaking Benjamin)

hattrick58

Originally Posted by destru
Hi,
I try to collect some info about Gibson KZ-II
. On the net, I've already found a lot of different pics and 8 serial numbers in order to understand the evolution of this very rare model:
- 80630051 et 80800043 (green tulip LP Kluson tuning machines)
- 80810024, 80810031, 80850073 (Gibson chrome tuning machines)
- 80880058 (stopbar moved away from the tune-o-matic)
[These guitars were made in March 80, between 3rd and 28th]
- 81611077, 81611078 (stopbar replaced like before + "football" strap buttons).
[1981, June 10th]
Hattrick58 wrote about his 82' KZ-II but the photo showed a stopbar moved away from the tune-o-matic like those from the end of March 80. Date error? Confirmation?
Any photo, any serial number, any info about KZ-II will be welcome... Thanks in advance.
Luc (luc@destruvaux.net)
My bad! The KZII isn't an '82 model, it's an '80 model. I bought it new @ Tom's music in Victorville, Ca (yes in 1980. I'm old & senile!). The S/N is 80880046. The S/N is hard to read, I will try to get a better picture. I remember contacting Gibson maybe 10-15 years ago (via snail mail) asking about the KZII and the response was they didn't have any information on it (?). But they did send me a four or five page explanation of the history of their S/N's and how to read them (depending on the year of manufacture). Thanks for all that great information, destru! And my apologies for my misinformation.

shinobi9119

I play bass, for 6 years!!! It is an Electra. A brand I have never heard of or have been able to find info about lol, but it sounds great.
I play funk, slap bass is my fav style, rock, classic rock. Influences are Red HOt Chili PEppers (i love flea) led zeppelin soo many others too. I am in a band.... with Kevin34 lol (he is sick at drums)
if anyone has ever heard of electra bass, owns one, or knows anything about them please let me know.

saltn00b

i played the bassoon for about 4 years in highschool. i would still play one but they cost about 4 grand..... you know how much coral i can get for 4 grand!!!!?!?!?!

destru

Originally Posted by hattrick58
My bad! The KZII isn't an '82 model, it's an '80 model. I bought it new @ Tom's music in Victorville, Ca (yes in 1980. I'm old & senile!). The S/N is 80880046. The S/N is hard to read, I will try to get a better picture. I remember contacting Gibson maybe 10-15 years ago (via snail mail) asking about the KZII and the response was they didn't have any information on it (?).
Thanks a lot, Hattrick58!
Your kind reply really helps!
If you know other owners of this kind of rarity -which sounds!-, don't hesitate and tell them about my inquiry ;-)
Greeting from Belgium,
Luc (old and senile too)