Must have had "SUCKER" on my forehead!!!

hafen

Thank you for all your support.:)
After I wrote it, I thought now I'm going to have everyone jumping on my back letting me know how stupid I was. And believe me I have already gone through the guilt trip on my own.

I did think I was getting afew to many, but looking at their tanks with so many in one, I thought it was safe. I learned a valuable and VERY EXSPENSIVE lesson. Like everyone has said I am going to get in touch with someone higher up, and tell them what happened. They can check out my PET*O card account and see the transaction that took place. Plus your right in thinking I will not be going back. We have two other LFS and they will be getting my business, if I can't get it off from this site.
But for now, I AM TAKING IT REAL SLOW, and learning patience.
Thank you again for not slamming me.....:joy:

gregvabch

you know you can contact the better business bureau right? they may be able to help you get some of your money back, and my girlfriend says they'll (*****) have a set amount of time to rectify the complaint, otherwise they get a bad rating with the better business bureau which is a big deal to a lot of businesses.

nolson

Gotta love the BBB theyve never failed for me when I got screwed :) hehe not sharing my horror stories

reef_magic

:nope:
you really need to talk to somebody. do u still have your reciept? it's not to late. that is just completely wrong and you can have that salesperson fired if u go in their and report this!

hafen

Well, I think I took it to the top dog....
I just got through e-mailing Brian K. Devine, Chair & CEO of *****, and telling him how I was taken.
Let's see what I hear back from him. I will keep you updated.
:yes:

faraday

I don't know about anybody else, but I constantly feel, as a consumer, that stores and companies are constantly taking advantage of us, and that the only thing they are concerned about is the money they make. Hafen, I would also make a complaint to the BBB. More and more people have been doing that. I, myself, have made compaints concerning 3 companies so far, once as an IT Administrator and twice as a consumer, a domain register that hijacked my companies web site, a telemarketing company, and some store.
I don't know how many dog or cat owner are on this board, but I am sure that some of them well tell you some horror stories, they've been a part of, witnessed, read about, or heard about. You know, you could also contact PETA, PETA has been waging war with both the 2 major stores for years now. Concerning all types of issues. Their biggest complaint, the mistreatment of animals. There's another one, can't remember the name, that is doing thing on behalf of the treatment of fish, lizards, rabbits, and birds.
After I got my dog grommed the last time. He's not going any more. His paws were rough, his elbows dry and scaly, and something about looking inside where they store the animals would scare me. And each time they did a piss pour job. And it looked like they came very close, or might have cut the vein running through the cuticle. I am grooming him myself for now on.

reef_magic

Originally posted by Hafen
Well, I think I took it to the top dog....
I just got through e-mailing Brian K. Devine, Chair & CEO of *****, and telling him how I was taken.
Let's see what I hear back from him. I will keep you updated.
:yes:

good luck :cheer:

hafen

Just got an E-mail from *****.
Said they are having the General Manager from this area call me and discuss the situation.
I'll have to stand my ground and let him know how upset I am.
:mad:
I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks again for giving me the nerve to take it up with the big boys.:D:joy:

faraday

Good Luck Hafen. I hope that this gets solved to your satisfaction. PETA will help and so should the BBB too.

T

tizzo

Threaten an action news report!!! No, no, don't just threaten, call an action news co. They have a way of tapping into the hearts of ALL animal lovers. If this story made the news, I would think some serious damage to profits would be in order!!

hafen

Well, good news!!:jumping: :jumping:
The District Manager of our Pet*o called and expressed her sincere regrets for what had happened. She said the employee was new, and that from now on they are going to train their employees more on the handling the Saltwater Fish, so that they would know what to tell their customers before purchasing them. So maybe some good did come out of this.:yes:
They are giving me full credit on every fish I bought. So I think I will go and get a Bigger
Tank set-up.
This time I will try to do everything right and cycle till it is just right before I go and get new fish to put in it.:happyfish Of course I will buy my fish and everything else somewhere else.
(not at Pet*o).
Thanks again for all your support!! It worked out alright for me, but I do still feel sorry for the fish I lost.
:nope:
Thanks again!!

Hafen