Must Sell-Military Going Overseas

I'm curently a Drill Sergeant stationed at Fort Knox, Kentuky. I'm going to be stationed in Germany and can't take my aquarium with me, so as much as I hate to, I gotta sell it. Its a great set-up, very stable, good water, lots of stuff growing. plus plenty of extras. would like to sell off all at once to someone that can come and pick it up. I would be willing to help transport if nessasary (I have a big truck). there's no way I'd be able to ship all this stuff out by mail.
Aquarium
· 120 Gal Aquarium (60”long x 18”deep x 24”tall) 600.00
· Stand, wood, black (shelves added)
· Canopy, custom made, wood, black (lighting mounted in canopy) 200.00
Lighting
· Solar 1000 timer (turns lights on/off slowly with the rise and fall of the sun) 280.00
· IceCap 660 ballast 180.00
· 4-48” VHO lights 80.00
· IceCap 4” temperature controlled fan (2) 45.00/90.00
· All wiring, ground plain, end caps, stand offs necessary 140.00
Equipment
· Mud Pup backpack filter (55 gal) 275.00
· Backpack (75 gal) 300.00
· Maxi-jet 900 power head (2) 20.00/40.00
· Power sweep 212 (automatic self rotating power head) (2) 25.00/50.00
· Acura 1000 (300 watt) heater 20.00
· Tetratec deep water air pump (DW24-2) 20.00/40.00
· Saltwater master liquid test kit (high range PH, ammonia, nitrate, nitrite) 50.00
· Large magnetic floating algae scraper
· All plumping necessary
· Tons of other stuff; salt, carbon, filters, food, tubing, salinity testers, incubators, catch containers, nets, bags, air stones, 5 gallon buckets, 30 gallon trash cans and anything else I got to go with it.
Live rock/sand
· 175 pounds live rock (has been active for 2 ½ years, contains numerous goodies; including bristle worms, g-shrimp, mysis shrimp, very good coralline algae, plus other stuff i don't know the name of) 1050.00
· 150 pounds live sand (has been active for 2 ½ years, contains numerous goodies, spaghetti worms growing good)
Livestock
· Yellow stripe maroon clown (not common)
· Blue devil damsel (2)
· Orange tailed blue devil damsel (male)
· Cup Coral
· Metallic open brain
· Green star polyps (2)
· Feather dusters
· Condalactus Anemone (2)
· Emerald crab
· Cleaner shrimp (2)
Brittle starfish (2)
· Serpent star fish (2)
· Fighting conch
· Queen conch
· Blue leg hermit crabs (20+)
· Tuxedo hermit
snails alot
$4450.00
ASKING $1500.00
Or Best Offer!
contact james at
home:502-799-1232
cell: 502-767-8473 (prefer this way, I always have it on)
email- jamescbutler@hotmail.com
if you email me please put Aquarium in the subject so I don't overlook it.
I'll be able to be active on the internet for the next week, after that I good back to work and will only able to check the internet periodically.
looking forward to doing business with someone soon.

T

thomas712

WOW wish I could help, heck I wish I could baby sit it for you until you got back but I assume that you are looking for LOCAL ONLY.
Good luck, GOD bless and thanks
Thomas

dreeves

48 month tour? If so, sell your livestock and put the tank and equipment in non-temp storage.

D

daniel411

Not that I condone speeding! But you can make it to kentucky and back from midland on a saturday!
Best of luck while stationed overseas

pizzamiglio

Good luck! Where are you getting stationed? I just came back from Deutschland in December. I loved it. One of the best accompanied tours out there. Have fun...und Tschusse!

dreeves: i'm looking to get a whole new tank when i get back.
daniel411: i have no idea how far away midland is from here in fort knox kentucky, if its in the south-eastern part of the state i would assume at least 5 hours one-way.
i'm not sure where i'm getting stationed yet, but it'll be my third time there, so i'm pretty familiar with the place. i'm really looking forward to going back.

T

thomas712

Drillsergeant - I wish I could take it off your hands but at this time there is no way that I can do it, hope you find someone to take care of it.
Good luck.
Thomas

there used to be photos at
http://community.webshots.com/user/recondrillsgt
but that was about 9 months ago, and i haven't updated it or even checked it out since then.
i figured why do i need to look at pictures of it when i got it sitting right in front of me. sorry if it doesn't work. if it does, the layout has changed since then and some things have come and some things have gone.

leigh

nope, nothin there...so i'll just ask instead, is it drilled? glass I assume? are the lights staggered to cover the 5' or is it just darker on the edges?

sammystingray

I hope you find some time over there to explore the country and culture....what are going to be doing? A drill sergeant screams at new folks right?:D Please excuse my ignorance, but I never served. I tried to enter the marines, but a previously collapsed lung put me on hold for three years, and by then I didn't want to. Just curious what a drill sergeant would do over there. Best of luck, and find time for fun.

leigh: no it's not drilled, yes it is glass. and the lights are not staggared, i was going to but with the end caps and all they would have bearly been staggared. there are 4 four foot bulbs in there so it is still very well lit.
sammystingray: i've been there before and have already been all over europe but still plan to see more. unfortunately i'll probably end up spending most of the time i'm there in the wonderful countries of bosnia, kosovo, and iraq. the job of drill sergeant is only a temp job (same in all armed forces) when i'm done here i'll go back to my original job (cavalry scout).