My 10 gallon nano

bigpete

Originally Posted by fishieness
umm.
to tell you the truth, IMO, even at that size, any tang needs a bigger tank than 10 gallons...
i do love your RBTA though
not at that size. in a few months itl need to go into a much bigger tank.

g13

Originally Posted by WhitEElitE
i realle like those onyxs where did u get them???and for how much
rods-reef.com
I'm about an hour and a half away from Rod's but it is well worth the drive, his place is AWESOME. He has well over 500 juvi percs and I got to choose which pair I wanted. He is known to ship all over the U.S. and is a great person to deal with. I highly recommend Rod's and if your interested just call or send him an email. I got a great deal on my pair of percs.
Here's a couple of pics when I first brought them home and was acclimating them.

g13

Prices vary depending on what you want and how colored up the clowns are. Mine were VERY colored up for their size especially the smallest one, already had it's 3rd stripe coming out and was at the most 3/4" in size, with a lot of black already in between it's second and third stripe. I also picked out 2 percs that would have the best chance at getting all 3 stripes (IMO). I'm not into misbarred percs but he has those too.
He gave me a very good deal since I've been there a few times and plus they were my birthday present at the time :jumping: , so they cost me nothing :jumping: . So prices would differ, but give him a call and he'll be very helpfull. If I gave you my price it might be disleading.
And by the way how rude of me.....
I'd like to thank you guys for all the nice comments about the percs/tank.

g13

Originally Posted by fishy head
how do you like the clowns, i was thinking about getting a pair

My onyx clowns are kick ass. I was thinking of upgrading them to my 45 gallon since the female has grown quite a bit. She's at least 1.5" but to move them up I would have to get rid of my black/white pair which I found hard to do. Had many offers over $200 but I just couldn't part with them. I decided to get a bigger tank when I purchase my home in the spring.
Here's a pic of my pair of black/white clowns....female is at least 3" and the male about 1 3/4"

In this pic my african flame angel wanted to get into the action....oh and RIP to my exquisite wrasse that decided to go surfing on my pergo floor

hopkins6

I've always been cautious about ordering fish offline. Has it been successful in your opinion?(obviously it has with these fish)

team2jndd

In my opinion way too many fish for the 10g. Unless im mistaken. Are they all in the 10g? The tang and angel deffinately need to go. Even if it is a dwarf angel 10g isnt enough. Just the pair of clowns and a goby is max in my opinion. Good luck.

fishy head

i use to have a gold stripe maroon clown, but i sold it because i had a bicolor blenny and he killed it :mad: :mad: :mad: and he always was mean to my yellow tang :mad: :mad: :mad: . So when i sold him i got a bicolor blenny and a yellow tang

they tangs are so happy and the bicolor is my favorite fish.

g13

@Hopkins6, I got the rbta from someone local breaking down his tank. I got 2 of them actually for $25 each. Most Online vendors give you some type of live arrival gaurantee, I'm sure Rods reef does also but you would have to ask Rod.
@team2jndd, I've heard a lot of opinions from different people over the yrs but my experience is what matters most to me. What works for me might not work for you.
My 10 ga consists of a blue tang, 2 onyx percs, green banded goby and 3 sexy shrimp. And of course RBTA and corals.
My 45 ga has a dwarf angel, 2 black/white occelarius, green clown goby and a pair of cleaner shrimp. With an rbta and many other corals. I am about to add 2 mystery wrasses to this tank. I got a pretty good offer on them and I should be adding them soon.