my 10 start

logen32

here is the start of my 10 gallon it has been up for about 1 1na half month what do u think
my clown

logen32

i belive it is a new product not to sure though.
They are called skilters And they are a filter that include a skimmer inside.

tru conch

i would add some more lr before the firefish goby.
if you look in the equipment section there are a few up grades on the skilter to make it a better skimmer.
your tank is looking good so far though. :)

aarmatting

:rolleyes: I bought one.... but I upgraded the protein skimmer on mine and it works A LOT better!!!!! they cost about 40-45 US dollars and yes it is a SKILTER. They do a fairly good job. Ya just need to upgrade the built-in protein skimmer.... if ya wanna know how let me know i'll post some pics.!:happy:

aarmatting

OK. First you will need the following....
Air Pump-(nothing fancy just a small pump)
Air Stone-(a good wooden air stone)
Control Valve-(to regulate how much you want to skim)
Air Hose-
you also can ditch the hose they gave you in the package to hook up... you won't be needing it anymore!!

aarmatting

:D next place the air stone with a hose under the cone inside the pump.
It can be kinda tricky getting it in there just right but once you do it the first time it's nothing when you replace the air stone later down the road.

aarmatting

this is what it should look like when installed.... then just hook up your air pump and adjust your air flow with your valve.... remember!!!!! to much air and you'll be emptying your overflow way to much... to little and it's not doing it's job!
Did I mention this way is a heck of a lot quieter! :yes: