my 16 year old just got his license

b bauer

he just got his license and asked to take the truck to the store.Then asked to go see friends came back and tells me I need gas in the truck is this just the beginning?

scsinet

Originally Posted by BabyB
http:///forum/post/2468880
man i was in college before i got my license lol, thats really bad
Me too... I was 18 when I got mine. I never really had a great desire to drive...
But yes Bauer... it's just the beginning. I didn't have my own car.. my parents had a policy.... the gas gauge had to be higher than it was when I took the car out.... not topped... just higher.
He might as well learn what paying for his own gas is going to be like now...

nordy

Good idea about the gas. I got my license at 17 and my Dad never had a problem with me driving his car. That was because I always, always, made sure it was full of gas. He drove it to work during the day and I drove to work at night. I had a job working at a gas station in high school and the majority of my paycheck went to gassing up Dads car, even though gas was only 35 cents/gal at the Esso station I worked at.

babyb

Originally Posted by SCSInet
http:///forum/post/2468899
Me too... I was 18 when I got mine. I never really had a great desire to drive...
But yes Bauer... it's just the beginning. I didn't have my own car.. my parents had a policy.... the gas gauge had to be higher than it was when I took the car out.... not topped... just higher.
He might as well learn what paying for his own gas is going to be like now...
i honestly hate to drive, i get side tracked really really easy, like seeing a car " wow i really like that color/car " or " wow they had great hair " honest to god its just like that its really bad
so when ever i can i make my boyfriend drive

alix2.0

i hate driving.
i just dont like it. its boring.
edit// lol babyb, i make my boyfriend drive too.

babyb

it is boring, and when i have to drive, i have to drive like an hour and theres just nothing to look at, its an hour to school, an hour to my fiance house, an hour to the city, just an hour, god its so boring

lovethesea

oh, I will pray for you. I am about a year behind you. I will hold off letting my daughter get hers until she really needs it. I didn't get mine until I was 17.

teresaq

oh man, my son is almost 13 so I have about 2 yrs before mine gets his permit, and then another for his real licence. He is already talking about the cool car we will buy him, haha is he in for a surprise. I told him he had better get a job.

al mc

First I read a thread that has me thinking about my daughter dating...and panic.
Now, this thread about driving......Time to consider moving to a small farm in Montana, surrounded by lots of large farms all around me

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2468795
Well that is easy, The next time he can drive the truck is right after he fills it up.

I absolutely agree
I was allowed to take the car when I had the money to put gas back in it. I was allowed to buy my own car when I could pay for the insurance.

aquaknight

It's really just about how you spin it. My parents bought my car because I just gotten a sweet internship at A.G. Edwards. Just more incentive to keep working harder. And that's what I used the car for back when I was 17. I didn't chauffeur my friends, not because my parents said so, but because I knew it wasn't responsible (I didn't want them getting the car all dirty either lol). I never abused my privileges because I had it sweet and didn't want to loose it.

b bauer

he filled it to where he left with found out how much it costs.now wants a job to buy girl friend stuff and gas money,but I him to keep his grades up so rock and hard place