My 180 Reef

blazetamer

This is my 180 gallon reef and as always a work in progress
Planning on a 300-400 gallon in wall for the Home Theater Room we are building this summer. I will try to do a step by step whenever it gets started.

blazetamer

thanks gang I will try to get some more close-ups soon
Sorry these are a bit blurry just a quickie till the others are taken

blazetamer

Actually only the one you see on the left is on the front
The Reason it is there is that there was a "dead" flow area and had some build up in that particular rock and I am letting the powerhead "blow" it out (Yes I am doing PWC a bit more often till all is blown out) If you look you may be able to see the permanent PH behind it hidden in the rock "cave" to the left. Good Eye, Good Question!!...

blazetamer

A Few more pics (Still some blurry but I am gettin used to the wifes new Camera)
BTW... Priced a new 300 Gallon 7 footer today for the addition (Just to get an idea of what the new stuff will cost) Still havent made up my mind for the final size but I have a lot of time untill we are ready for the tank ... We are just now digging footers.

blazetamer

Thanks Fred I guess you are talking about the Hairy"Fuzzy" Mushrooms
If so they are actually a off brown color and have been growing like mad for about 8 months I started with 2 and now that whole rock is covered LOL
Not to mention I have quite a few other Mushrooms that seem to like it in there as they all seem to repro quite nicely.

blazetamer

Here is a "night" shot with only the actinics on just before the Lunar lights come on and the actinics go off.
Also a pic of my ReefKeeper Elte Controller (still not complete ) I will drill the mount board and have all the wiring come through just below or beside each module.

blazetamer

Will try to get some Anemone pics up soon if possible I have been letting a nice Pink Tip Hatian settle this week.