My 1st Reef Tank

spartanph

This is my first attempt at keeping a Saltwater Tank. I've been thinking about it for years but my daughters facination was the final inspiration to make this real.
She was really excited by the rocks in cloudy water.

spartanph

After the water cleared I played around with the aqua scaping and this is about where we ended up.
It's an 85 gallon tank.

spartanph

We added a pair of clowns for my daughters birthday. This is Jill. Jack met an unfortunate end at the hands of a powerhead

spartanph

Our first corals were these mushrooms. I haven't got moonlights yet but can't wait to see how the strips look when I do.

spartanph

The left side of my tank features a piece of tonga branch that my wife thinks looks like someone bending over. The rest of my live rock is Fiji rock. I picked out a couple of pieces with some really nice coraline growth that so far is sticking.

spartanph

The right side has a piece of rock with all sorts of seaweed. It's getting really thick these days. My green chromis (The Jose's - Since they look like little margarita's) don't seem to graze on it and I'm not adding any more fish for a while so I may have to do some pruning.
Our tank is about 6 weeks old. Stock is:
5 BlueGreen Chromis
1 Percula Clown
12 Astrea Snails
13 Hermits
2 Peppermint Shrimps
1 Mushroom Rock

teen

looks good so far. when you decide to add some more coral, you should try getting some zoos to put on top of that tonga branch, and after awhile they will hopefully spread down that whole piece. that would look pretty cool imo.

spartanph

fanker the lighting is VHO, two 10K and two super actinic.
Hey I was looking today and my seaweed is REALLY starting to spread. I pruned it a little by hand today but does anyone have any recommendations on a fish to help control it that is reef safe that will fit with my chromis' and clown?