My 20 Gallon long tank build

Hi im 17cuddlefish and i have started my new and first tank. I have been on these boards for a bit over a year (wow time flys) and i have learned alot. now that i have the money to start a tank i have decided to do it. The tank i have chosen is a 20 gallon long. i liked this tank because of the larger footprint witch allows a large amount of aquascaping options. it also leaves some options open to fish that like to swim more, like fairy wrasse, one of my favorite species of fish. This tank has a 20 gallon sump to add more water volume and to hold the stuff i dont want in the display tank, like the heaters, the skimmer and the refugium. the tank will be a full blown reef, so i have the lighting (4x24w TEK T5s) and the water movment (koralia 1, koralia 2 and a mag 5 return) to do it right. i read on the other large forum someones signature said "anything worth doing is worth doing right" and this is how i plan to do my tank. no cutting corners or anything. so enough talking and here are some pics. enjoy and welcome to the ride

my sweet lights

My tank

and the sump

and let the fun begin
and something i forgot to mention was the tank has 45lbs of uncured fiji rock

a refractometer, api test kit, tek t5 lighting, koralia 1 & 2, mag 5 return pump, asm g1 (or g1x i dont remember) and 2 100w stealth heaters. oh yeah and 45 pounds of fiji live rock (i should edit that in)

alright i just tested my water. my ph is 8.3, my ammonia is 8, but this is my 8th day into the cycle so i think it should start coming down soon. also my salinity is 1.026 so everything appears to be in check

well i have came up with my final stocklist
1x green clown goby
1x yasha goby pistol shrimp pair
1x helfrichi firefish
1x labouti wrasse
and if i get the money 1x carribean candy basslet
such a beautiful fish and also various invertabrates (sp)
any questions, comments, critiques, suggestions, free stuff offers
ect.

well i was just staring at my tank and i saw a new group of purple specks on my rock and i felt them an they were hard so i think i have coraline algea

redsea

Originally Posted by 17cuddlefish
http:///forum/post/2962370
Hi im 17cuddlefish and i have started my new and first tank. I have been on these boards for a bit over a year (wow time flys) and i have learned alot. now that i have the money to start a tank i have decided to do it. The tank i have chosen is a 20 gallon long. i liked this tank because of the larger footprint witch allows a large amount of aquascaping options. it also leaves some options open to fish that like to swim more, like fairy wrasse, one of my favorite species of fish. This tank has a 20 gallon sump to add more water volume and to hold the stuff i dont want in the display tank, like the heaters, the skimmer and the refugium. the tank will be a full blown reef, so i have the lighting (4x24w TEK T5s) and the water movment (koralia 1, koralia 2 and a mag 5 return) to do it right. i read on the other large forum someones signature said "anything worth doing is worth doing right" and this is how i plan to do my tank. no cutting corners or anything. so enough talking and here are some pics. enjoy and welcome to the ride

my sweet lights

My tank

and the sump

and let the fun begin
and something i forgot to mention was the tank has 45lbs of uncured fiji rock
awesome tank great rockwork

nissan577

well cuddlefish the tank is awsome! the rock is amazing! and the light fixture!
man cant wait for this tank to be done!

nissan577

Originally Posted by 17cuddlefish
http:///forum/post/2962906
well i have came up with my final stocklist
1x green clown goby
1x yasha goby pistol shrimp pair
1x helfrichi firefish
1x labouti wrasse
and if i get the money 1x carribean candy basslet
such a beautiful fish and also various invertabrates (sp)
any questions, comments, critiques, suggestions, free stuff offers
ect.
well the stocklist is really great. 5 fish are good for the tank. wait the clown goby counts as a snail
so 4 fish are good. really great! hopefully you dont change it. and as for cuc dont get hermits! get only snails: nass, turbo, ceriths. thats it. hermits knock down stuff

nothing new to report tonight. the only thing i did was move the small piece of rock on the left from my display to the sump so i dint get any deadspots. maybe some pictures in a bit.