My 20 long at 18 months

aggie05

Thought I would drop in and let yall know how the tank is doing. It has been about 18 months since I set up my 20 long, and in that time I have changed lighting from PCs to VHO and also rescaped my tanks numerous times. Once I switched over to VHO my tank really took off, all my LPS are doing fantastic and I have seen really good growth out of my SPS as well. I run my tank completely skimmerless and do a 2 gallon water change at least every two weeks. I also only have 3 small fish which I feed lightly, rotating between frozen brine and flake each day. I am currently planning out a 58 gallon tank which will take its place in may. The 58 will be lit by VHO as well and will be almost entirely LPS corals. I am planning on starting a seperate 18 gallon SPS tank sometime down the road. Anyways, just thought I would offer an update, feel free to ask questions. I posted pics in the photography forum.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...12#post1080712

lefty

VERY nice tank. You must be very proud of it! I hope I'll have a tank that looks that good someday. :)
-lefty

lefty

For me, it's usually hit or miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. :)
-lefty

barbiegirl

what kind of filter do you use..you said you don't use a skimmer...could please tell me all of the equipment used on this tank...thanks

aggie05

My only filtration is my liverock and sand. I do the water changes and thats about it. Don't add anything but fresh saltwater to it. Seems to get better and better the less I mess with it.

aggie05

I have two small hang on the back (HOB) filters with no media in them as well as two small powerheads. I think they are 115 gph each.