my 20g 2 weeks old

gfk

this is 2 weeks after my cycle
20 h
2 maxi jet 400s
hob whisper filter (getting bak pak2 next month)
coral life 130 watt 24" light with moonlights
23-25 lbs live rock
3 scarlet hermits
5 blue leg hermits
1 sally lightfoot
1 mexican turbo
10 nassarius
7 other snails

gfk

yea definately. i started my cycle about 6 weeks ago. so its only 2 weeks after my cycle. ive speant a lot. i plan to get one more fish, probably a lawnmower blenny or a bi color blenny. bak pak 2 skimmer probably will be next. going to get a ton more corals after that. funds are low right now when i get paid on the 4th i am probably going to get some zoo's. in a month or two i am going to get an anenome, just not sure what kind yet

I

ivanfj

Looks like another good looking 20g in the making. Keep up the work. Love to see people with a 20g tank :D :D

gfk

im getting brown algae now heeeeelp
levels look normal, use ro/di water, just did water change

overanalyzer

you a going through another mini-cycle because you added such a large bioload all at once (two clowns in a 20). I would think your numbers wil lstay in check BUT you may have some of the traditional algea cycle outbreaks - try a couple of well prepared water changes and siphon out the diatomes, etc. during the change.
Good luck - this too shall pass!

annanymous

you should reaaaaaaly slow down. now is the hardest time to keep yourself from puutting lots of stuff in ur new tank, but its also the easiest time to mess everything up. wait a little till u r a bit more established and then u wont have to worry about mini-cycles or ammonia spikes from addig 2 fishes and a coral.
looking very nice for only 2 months.
btw i heard a fighting conch is better then a queen. i dont know y, thats just what i heard.
good luck and keep us posted

gfk

almost everything ive added is in my cleanup crew...
the only thing ive added that needs food is a flame scallop and the clowns, everything else eats the left overs from the fish or algae. i wont be adding anything more that requires food for a while.
but youre right, which is why i will not be adding anything except a bak pak 2 skimmer when i get paid on the 4th