My 20gal cycling and algea. comein!

fatmatt

Well my 20gal as bin cyclein witha peice of LR a shrimp and a moonlight damsel and today i see light brownin algea comin on the glass this mean anything as far as the cycleing goes? Like its almost done...

rainbow aq

Originally Posted by Fatmatt
Well my 20gal as bin cyclein witha peice of LR a shrimp and a moonlight damsel and today i see light brownin algea comin on the glass this mean anything as far as the cycleing goes? Like its almost done...
How long has it been cycling for? Most of the time when algae forms on the glass it means your cycle is complete

fatmatt

either 1 week or 2.... i was gonna order a test kit next week (thouht it would be done cycleing then) but i dont know what test kits i should get... If its cycled when can i had corals crabs shrimp and fish

hoycetee

mine is the same way it kinda looks like little green hairs, i'm wondering what to do with it either leave or clean glass. i have been searching everywhere and can't find an answer and was hopeing someone could help me :notsure:

rainbow aq

I wouldbt buy any expensive corals once ur tank has just cycled...You should not have more than 1 shrimp in a 20 gallon tank. Start of fwith hardy corals star polyps mushrooms etc...The best thing is to take it slow and dont add to much too fast. Do you have a skimmer? If so wut kind.

rainbow aq

hoycette what you have is hair algae...most of the time this is caused by using tap water not r/o water. You can scrape it of with a razor or sponge if this continues i wuld look into a Algae Blenny or a U.V. Sterilizer

fatmatt

i dont have hair. i dont not have a skimmer just a filter peg. 330 2 bio wheels would a amm nitrite and nitrate tests be ok for now? should i had 1 fish a week and 1 coral a week and like 1 invert a week(i mean seprite weeks)

rainbow aq

I would not put no more than 3 fish in your tank....i would wait longer than a week...you can buy 1 coral a week thats fine but dont go spending crazy money see how the first couple corals do first.....Buy that test kit and tell me ur reading and ill tell you if your cycled or not yet. Also if your tank has cycled you need to now buy a skimmer you are going to begin to get protein expecially if you start adding more rock...