My 20gal FOWLR...for now...

L

lagger

will be purchasing some corals soon :joy:
-->25lbs LR (just installed), 130w PC lighting, Bio-wheel 200 running extra carbon, Maxi-jet 900 and 200w heater. 2 false percs, 1 purple firefish and 1 cherub pygmy angel.

Comments welcome! Any advice on what corals to get? Thanks!

teresaq

looks good so far, how long has it been up and running. do you have a cleanup crew yet. my may want to add a few snails and hermits soon

teresaq

some colorful mushrooms, and rics would be nice in there, along with yellow polyps, and green stars polyps. also a leather, kenya tree for colt.

L

lagger

Thanks for the comments! The tanks been up for about 5 months. I had a bunch of fake rockwork in there leftover from from brackish days (ugh), but now I'm super happy with the addition of the LR. I had one turbo snail in there that just went, so I bought a nassures snail to mix it up. I'll prob get another one because he doesnt clean the way the turbo did.
About the corals, I really like the look of lots of varied SPS corals. I think thats the direction I want to take it.

L

lagger

Here are my very first corals: a green open brain, multi-mushroom rock, hammer frag, and toadstool leather. I just started to spot feed zooplex and it works great. I also plan on picking up a candy cane coral soon
I LOVE CORALS! :jumping:

Luckily my pygmy angel hasn't shown any interest in nipping at any of the corals. I hope it stays that way.

lion_crazz

Beautiful looking tank. How do you take pictures of the tank with the moonlights on? Mine never seem to come out very good.

L

lagger

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Beautiful looking tank. How do you take pictures of the tank with the moonlights on? Mine never seem to come out very good.
Thanks! I use 'Sports' mode on my Nikon that uses a faster shutter speed. Typically a little ISO image will pop up on the screen. It's the only way I can take clean pictures of my constantly moving fish!

dale-fish

Lagger do you have to place brains on the sand or could you have placed him on the rock? I ask because I put mine on the rock but everyone I have seen or heard has left them on the sand. Brain looks awsome! How much you feed him? You have the exact same set up as me with 130 Pc on a 20gal. Cept I got 2 percs and bi-color blenny. Anyways your tank looks awsome!

L

lagger

Right on Dale! We do almost have the same tank. I have 2 percs too, but instead of a blenny I have a purple firefish (& a pygmy angel).
I've read they do best in the substrate. I had mine placed on the rock in the middle of the tank to get him used to PC since he came from MH. But I've lowered him into the sand and he's doing great!
Anyways, I hate free Geocities! My apologies to everyone who's seeing Red X's.
Check back later!