My 3 Month Old Tank

kmauger3

I just had surgery earlier this week and have been staring at my tank alot. I felt like sharing a few pics of it. ***)

kmauger3

Its a purple nudibranch. I've only had him for about a week. It is an omnivore and It has been doing great. It just goes around eating algae and stuff like that in my tank. It is a bright purple and adds a ton of color.

gharner

i heard that they're hard to care for...or feed or something? i really like them and i wanted one but i decided to do more research first.

L

lbaskball

Originally Posted by REEFCRAZY81
what is the purple thing and what does it it and how long have u had it u think it is easy to care for ty....

Those are nudi's....they are not easy to care for. THeir diet is not very well known.

L

lbaskball

a lot of fish stores sell these sayign they eat algae. It is not true. You can read up in a actual researhced marine biology book. THeir diet is not well understood. Some nudi's eat coral (sps) and some are toxic.

Hey If you have been mising corals its definatly that devil little camelback shrimp and sooner or later he will but its to late now i had to take all my live rock out and corals to catch that bugger!

kmauger3

Ya I have been trying to catch the camelback for about a month and a half now. They are quick. It ate one patch of green star polyps, but haven't touched my other. I just can't bring myselft to take everything out of my tank to catch them. I was going to try a fish trap. Oh ya, some of my snails have some hair algae on their backs. The nudi grabs on and coasts around with the snails, then they are clean.

adairable

Originally Posted by curryfishman
Hey If you have been mising corals its definatly that devil little camelback shrimp and sooner or later he will but its to late now i had to take all my live rock out and corals to catch that bugger!

I hope my camelback doesn't eat my corals! That would be awful!
Wait are camelback and peppermint the same? or am I getting them confuzzled.... :thinking:

petjunkie

I like all the feather dusters, nice tank! Adairable, camelbacks and peppermints are different, camelbacks have green eyes and have white stripes, if you compare pictures of both you should be able to tell the difference.