My 33 Gallon tank

I was able to get 18 new coral frags yesterday. I meant to take photos today, but ran out of time. But I'll post photos of them all soon. But I also got my first SPS yesterday. Here's a quick photo of it. It's starting to color up to a nice green color.

mr llimpid

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattytwobyfour http:///t/396092/my-33-gallon-tank/20#post_3531242
I was able to get 18 new coral frags yesterday. I meant to take photos today, but ran out of time. But I'll post photos of them all soon. But I also got my first SPS yesterday. Here's a quick photo of it. It's starting to color up to a nice green color.

Picture looks nice, but with the actinia’s you don't get the true color of the coral.

So I should just photograph them under the regular white lights? The guy I bought them from ran them under really white lights for growth. They didn't have a lot of color. But my tank runs 16K LED's. I'd rather the nice colors than the super growth. They have only been in my tank two days, but are starting to color up.

mr llimpid

I'm not a Photographer, I was committing that to see its true color you need the white lights also. For good coral growth and color they need the full spectrum of light. From what I remember on what I read that the blue spectrum is needed for growth.

The lights I got put both white and blue light out. During the day, I run my lights more white, and after sunset I run them more blue. I thought that running lights at like 10,000K (more white) gave better growth, and running them like 16000K-20000K gave you better color?

mr llimpid

Looks great
. The anemone looks real healthy nice color not bleached out, plenty of algae growing in those arms.

Thanks! The store had two. I was leaning towards the other one. It was more red, & the tips were more bulb like. But the guy told me that it had came straight from their supplier. This one was tank bred from several generations of one in a customers tank. I decided to go with it because of that. It was $55. I think that was a pretty good deal. And they also told me that they think it might be splitting. When I first added it to the tank, it looked like a figure 8. But now it has turned into one big circle and has planted its foot deep into my rock. It seems happy. I hope that it is. It's the spot I want him in.

mr llimpid

I didn't want to jinks you about that since you brought it up I hope stays in one place. Or it will sting all your coral.

Yeah, I know. It's something I greatly thought about before adding to my tank. I hope to get a larger tank, and I'll probably move a lot of my corals to it. And then I'll just fill this tank with frags of those corals, so if they do get stung, it's not as big of a deal. There are several different options I'm looking at for this tank though. This isn't going to be my "main" display tank. This is my learning tank before I start investing serious money into a larger tank.