My 34 GALLON RED SEA MAX..OMG

cross

I Cant Believe This.i Sold All My Tanks, Corals, Rocks, Everything Mainly Because We Need The Money But Alot Of Because My Husband Was So Upset That I Was Spending So Much Money On Them.well, Everything Is Sold And One Credit Card Is Paid Thank God, And Look What Hubby Surprises Me With Yesterday..holy Crap Huh? He Paid Only 300 For The Whole Thing!!.he Said He Felt Bad About Me Selling Everything And He Thought It Would Be Ok If I Had One Tank But Didn't Spend That Much On Corals And Fish.i Had Another Max That I Sold And He Knew How Much I Liked It.well, This One Is For Keeps..maybe You Guys Can Help Me Stock It?

cross

YEAH..WHAT A SWEETIE..I WILL GET SOME PICTURES SOMETIME SOON.IS EMPTY RIGHT NOW. CURING 30 LBS OF ROCK FOR A FEW WEEKS..I HATE THIS PART OF THE PROCESS....

Awesome :)!, You like the Red Sea Maxes? I've never had one, I am transfering my 15g to my 28g JBJ tomorrow, so Im excited about that.

cross

I Had The Jbj 28 Gallon With Md Lights. It Is A Good Tank. But I Like The Look Of The Max Better. The Jbj Nano Is Decent Though. You Will Prolly Like It.

Okay, :)...is their anything I should know?..I mean its nice I won't have to cycle due to im transfering my 15 to it. I have the stand built, I ordered it....it came, but the back filter glass was shattered, so tomorrow or tuesday they will be dropping off the new one, me and my buddy are going to transfer it over and what not.

cross

it is a nice set up. nothing to say really.i just like the max better because it is much wider and the jbj is much more deep than wide. but like i said you will like the jbj..the little skimmer worked great also...

Okay, thanks :)....yeah I have a 15g now, with no skimmer...and recently had a nitrate spike....I had to many corals in there...and with no skimmer thats asking for trouble...now I only have 1 false perc, a shrimpgoby, and 2 coral...nitrates are at 20, they were 80...I had to do water changes everyday for the past 3-4 days to bring them down, now when I transfer it over with all the new water it should be fine, but if the tanks not here tomorrow I'm going to do another 3g w/c

blazin2k6

34 Gallon Red Sea Max are awesome tanks, Does yours have metal halides with it ? I think it comes stock with those lights right ? If only i had 1200 bucks for one i would get it but man i woulda went and got it for 300 in a second. Great deal. I know in about 3 months or less you will be selling this tank as well but hope to see some great pics from it before you do that. LOL. Get a couple more b/w clowns for sure. Yashia Goby and Randalli pistol shrimp would make a great addition as well. Hectors goby, great little sand sifters but not enough to make your tank dusty looking either. but they need to be in a well established tank like a mandarin. Goodluck with it.

nwdyr

You'r back!!! and you weren't even gone that long
What a good hubby!! I saw what you went thru sellin all you'r stuff and I know that had to be really hard , soooo I will DONATE some stuff , we have some time while you are cycling. keep in touch and I will send you some pics of some zoa's see if you would like a couple frags
very happy for you!!!! Not just back...but BACK with style

cross

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
http:///forum/post/2677130
34 Gallon Red Sea Max are awesome tanks, Does yours have metal halides with it ? I think it comes stock with those lights right ? If only i had 1200 bucks for one i would get it but man i woulda went and got it for 300 in a second. Great deal. I know in about 3 months or less you will be selling this tank as well but hope to see some great pics from it before you do that. LOL. Get a couple more b/w clowns for sure. Yashia Goby and Randalli pistol shrimp would make a great addition as well. Hectors goby, great little sand sifters but not enough to make your tank dusty looking either. but they need to be in a well established tank like a mandarin. Goodluck with it.
NOT SELLING THIS ONE..LOL..NO METAL HALIDES, T-5'S..IT IS OK BECAUSE I HAVE NO CHILLER RIGHT NOW.WITH MH LIGHTING, I WOULD ALWAYS NEED A CHILLER.

cross

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2677288
You'r back!!! and you weren't even gone that long
What a good hubby!! I saw what you went thru sellin all you'r stuff and I know that had to be really hard , soooo I will DONATE some stuff , we have some time while you are cycling. keep in touch and I will send you some pics of some zoa's see if you would like a couple frags
very happy for you!!!! Not just back...but BACK with style

HI...YEAH IT WAS REAL HARD..BUT I GUESS WE FIGURE 1 TANK IS NOT GOING TO HURT AS LONG AS I DONT OVERSPEND.THANKS NWDYR YOUR SOOOO SWEET...

cross

Hi Guys..these Are New Pictures From Today. Bought Some Rock From A Local Reefer With Some Corals And Power Heads. Some Xenia,buttons, Yellow Poly, Tiny Leather,etc..a Little Cloudy Due To Me Adjusting The Rocks.power Heads Need To Be Adjusted.only Have One On Right Now..

nwdyr

How cool are you ?
that is my fav. tank of all time
Funny story , a friend just told me he missed out on a chance to get a 1yr old Sea Max for only 300.00 b/c his wife wanted to "sleep on it" poor guy
yep ,it was sold when he got back ot the guy
prob. not the same one , this one was from a Chicago berb.....unless your hubby had it shipped
wouldn't that be funny! well not for him
Great start!!! can't wait to see this come together

bronco300

very cool cross, i love those redsea max tanks(or at least the looks of them)...congrats on getting back in!

cross

Thanks guys.Need to color it up a bit. but im broke..lol.I'd like to get 2 blk and wht percula's again. a bunch of colorful fl ric shrooms, ETC..My camera wont take close up's very well but i'll try later.