My 3gallon Pico

clownfish11

Okay soooo this is my pico until I can buy me RODI and AUTOTOP off then I'm getting my biocube..
I had a 3 gallon in my garage so I decided to set it up as a sexy shrimp, bumble bee shrimp, and pom pom crab tank...
heres some pics

heres the lid once I get my 75w bulb

heres my ghetto setup ATM

right now theres a purple zoa frag in there..the rock is cured(I hope) so I dont think I'll see much of a cycle, but I'm gonna wait to make sure...
O yah and I'm also having some zoas, mushrooms, rics, and some more little corals for it...

added a heater and a little filter is going on tomorrow
so far its cost me 0$
(thats a first for SW)

clownfish11

well that bulb is crazyy. I think it might be a 50W not sure..I'll have to doubble check
I tried like a 100W and almost *melted* the plastic, but right now its cool might just leave it the way it is cept like find a place where it wont look all messed up

traps

Couldn't he just find a way to raise it above the water line? 6 inches? 12 inches? Whatever is needed. Then if he grabs some SPS he can just drop the light.
Oh and a NO flourescent light? MH maybe?

A

alexmir

its an incandescent bulb, not pc. It doesnt give the right spectrum. I have to 50 watts on a 10 gallon at one point, its not near as much light output as a pc or t5.
I know its incandescent by the

[hr]
socket

Very cool tank, it should be really cool to have those neat inverts! I have to say though.............Your toe in the first pic is the most beautiful part of the tank

clownfish11

Thanks for all the help..so with the blue fixture what should I do? O yah I added my first zoanthid last night its a little frag of a purple zoa
the black sand is not live..btw