My 40 Gallon Reef

armandoc

Hello all!
My first tank thread! WOW...

Just want to first and foremost thank everyone for posting their knowledge here! I have enjoyed reading through all the posts for the last couple of years so I thought it was about time that I posted my tank. I hope that you all enjoy.
Please feel free to post your comments here.
MODS... The following page has no links as to stay in the good graces of SWF.com!
40 Gallon Reef

armandoc

Cherish Life,
Thanks for the kind words! I took me almost a year and a half to get to where I am at today. Hopefully the next tank won't take so long!

Armando

armandoc

mopar9012,
Thanks! I tried to keep it as natural looking as I could with the limited space that I have to work with. It's always a "work-in-progress" with the aquascaping... I usually have my hands in the tank at least once a week and I usually move things around, but I think for now i'm happy.
Thanks again for the kind words!
Armando

armandoc

Joy,
I use the 36" Nova Extreme T-5 HO fixture from Current (156 watts). It has 2 10K and 2 420nm bulbs along with 3 white lunar lights. It has been a great fixture, and I have been very pleased with it's performance. My only complaint is that it does not have individual reflectors for the bulbs, so I am looking at possibly upgrading to the TX5 T5 HO 5 bulb fixture from Aquatinics in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for taking a look!
Armando

oceanlover

Thank you for writing the names by the pictures. I am new to salt water aquariums and I am trying to learn the corals and invertebrates. This is a terrific learning tool for me.
Your tank is really, really nice!

armandoc

OceanLover,
You're welcome. I'm glad that it was of help to you. I know when I go and surf the different boards, I always like to know what I am looking at just in case I want to get a frag of whatever it is I am looking at later.
Also, thanks for the kind remarks! It took me over a year to get it where it is currently at, but as you will soon find out as you build your own reef, you truly are never done. It's always a work in progress!

I'm glad that something as simple as some names were of help to you. Maybe they might be of help to someone else also. Have a great evening!
Armando

armandoc

So I decided to go ahead and put a few of the photos from my site here in the hopes of a BUMP!

Here they are!
Purple and Blue Mushroom

armandoc

me-n-my-fish,
Thanks for the compliment!
It's been a big learning experience for me setting this tank up. My wife constantly keep saying, "Now only if you would pay as much attention to me as you do to your tank..."

Armando