my 435 gallon tank in wall see through upgrade

bullitr

I am redoing everything from floors, cabinet, drywall, stand, live rocks, sand, polishing tank
I am changing my livestock too
Some of my fish will be on my 32" starphire cube and selling most of my fish so I don't have to rush my rebuild.

bullitr

my temp lighting 10 k metal halide
its super yellow right now and no Acropora yet
equipment
32" leemar cube with starphire front
metal stand
skimmer Euroreef RC 250
return pump speedwave dc 5000
tunze powerhead
250 watts metal halide lights
but waiting for another metal halide/ led and t5 combo diy none !important; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-auto; background-color: rgb(251, 251, 251); " />
The tank will have 32 small fish
Joculator angel
Declivis butterfly
pair of picasso Clown fish
Pair of Flame wrasse
Pair of purple filefish
Pair of Scott's fairy
Pair of Naoko fairy e-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-auto; background-color: rgb(251, 251, 251); " />
Pair of copperband
Pair Flame angel
Pair of cleaner wrasse
Harem of barletts anthias
Harem of ignitus anthias
Multi bar angel hopefully not a nipper
Ornate butterfly hopefully it behave well
Tamarin wrasse

bullitr

The goal on this new aquascape is to have minimum light spilling in the front and back glass my tank so I don’t have to clean the glass that often since I have acrylic tank. The acrylic tank will be polished so it will looks very clear again. I will also run ozone again to make my fish look like they are swimming in air. Most people think my tank is only less than 24” so this rockwork is less 24” in diameter this work out great since my diy leds are only 26”.
The new metal stand will be 38” instead of 44”so the top of the tank will be eye level to me. Height of the tank is 29”, the tallest of the new aquascape height is 22”.
My plan is have a combination of sps, mushroom and anemone only tank .

the family room side

bullitr

the maxi mini island

the RBTA island

too bad i loss my inferno and lemondrop BTA becasue of stupid maxi jet powerhead

rlablan

That is a bummer that you lost those nems. :(
I love the big arches though! Those look great! I can't wait to see your new tank build!! Good luck!

S

smallreef

I love the idea of the scape, and the broken arch looks awesome...I just worry that your bta island won't keep the bta's there...other than that... I like the concept

bullitr

I have this island work before

The rock is 20x16"
It doesn't look so big in the picture but its at least 50 lbs when wet

bullitr

Thank you
My new metal stand came in couple days ago
It was done poorly and I spend over $ 500 on it and probably will spend another 500 to fixed it.sigh ....
But The tank will be finally empty this weekend

bullitr

The stand is got fixed after few weeks
But a set back as my sump blew up and spill 150 gallons on the floor
after I fixed the leak on the bulkhead, i then try to level the tank its 1/4" uneven on the water level compare to the other-side 8' away.I want it to be perfect so after few tried emptying tank then put the water back on, trying to adjust it to make it perfect it doesn't happen so I finally give up since it time to go to church. Unfortunately the thin acrylic decided give out too... Then crash 150 gallon on the floor. .After 30 times dumping water on my sink with 5 gallons filled with salt water.The downstairs have mostly ceramic tiles but I also have wood.
http://youtu.be/F9GFrLXA
Now the tank is still uneven plus its 3/4" too much out to the family built in cabinetry so I have to drain the tank completely

bullitr

I order a custom sump too
44x 32x18 3/4" acrylics with custom blue inserts
Also I will try the cerameco detox blox

lubeck

It looks fantastic. Very nice. Sorry to hear about the spill. I guess if it had to bust better now then when the tank was stocked with corals.