my 5.5 gallon tank

i stopped by my lfs and bought a bare 5.5 tank for $3.as far for light i have a 20 inch 80 watts orbit dual coming in the mail. im thinking of going bare bottom and adding a skimmer like a prizm skimmer or maybe even a skilter and customizing it. i fragged alot from my 28 gallon already im just waiting for my stuff to get in and get this thing rolling.ill add all my frags when i get back from work .any suggestions?

A

azul1994

ACtually if its going to be a coral only tank bare bottom would be better.

Originally Posted by azul1994
ACtually if its going to be a coral only tank bare bottom would be better.
this is what i was thinking . but i might add one fish later on

any suggestion with the skimmer ?? what would be my best choice ?? i was thinking of a skilter ?? any one have experience with a skilter before??

A

azul1994

I have not had experience with the skilter myself but people i have heard that own one complain that they are too loud.

Originally Posted by azul1994
I have not had experience with the skilter myself but people i have heard that own one complain that they are too loud.

ic then thats a no on the skilter due to having this tank in my room

jojo_b

Yup, I've used the Prizm Deluxe. It worked pretty well while it worked. But then one day it just refused to keep suction. So if you get one, keep an eye on it.

Originally Posted by Jojo_B
Yup, I've used the Prizm Deluxe. It worked pretty well while it worked. But then one day it just refused to keep suction. So if you get one, keep an eye on it.

ok. well what is the best nano HOB skimmer?? price range of $100

jsn_hog

With no fish or even perhaps one do you really need a skimmer?? I too just bought a 5.5 and I was thinking of going without one.

clay12340

I wouldn't bother skimming a 5.5 gallon without a fish in it. I don't even think you'd be able to find a skimmer small enough. You'll probably have to custom make something.