My 55 Gallon Tank

Ok, so i have been looking at getting a tank for 6 months now, and have finally found one i could afford. I emailed the guy today telling him that i would buy it from him. I am going to pick it up this weekend. Here is the CL add that I found. Tell me is this not a good deal?
http://omaha.craigslist.org/pet/1297232793.html
Yes, yes i know it is freshwater. But at this point i can not afford saltwater. I will eventually switch to saltwater, but i will continue this fresh water for now.
Subscribe to this thread and watch my tank grow, and get converted to saltwater!

aquaguy24

Y waste ur money on all the freshwater stuff. Just slowly buy the saltwater stuff or save up untill u have enough to start a sawltwater tank. JMO.

d-man

it's a good deal. I would not say a great deal, because I've seen better but it's worth 250 at least. The best deals I've seen where at the flee-market but it's hit and miss

Originally Posted by aquaguy24
http:///forum/post/3115237
Y waste ur money on all the freshwater stuff. Just slowly buy the saltwater stuff or save up untill u have enough to start a sawltwater tank. JMO.
Well, the way i look at it is that i really saved money. The tank and stand alone is worth more then 200 dollars. It comes with 2 heaters which can be used in salt water. And im sure some of the other equipment it comes with will be compatable. I am going to slowly get salt water stuff, but it will be a while before i can do salt water. I dont have money right now, ive been paying for some classes, and its drained my bank account.
Yes this was a good deal, i will get a list of what all it exactly comes with this weekend. I know it has a good filter, heater, the lights are new, the stand is in good shape, the tank is in good shape. I think if i would by the stand and tank new it would be 300 dollars or more

katsafados

I'm pretty sure that tank at Big Als is going for 250 stand and all. But thats in Canada, I'm sure they are the same price in American since its a chain. If you were willing to spend the money o nthe FW cichlid tank you might just want to go and get anew 55g tank which would be the same price then buy SW stuff little by little and once you have everything get the SW tank up and running. Thats how I started my 10g SW nano, hjad an old 10g tank then bought things little by little usually one thing each week. Still using this method to stock my tank.
I also have a 20g cichlid tank with 5 cichlids in it that shouldnt be there but they have lasted for about 3 years now and all is good. They are nice but not as nice as SW fish.