my 55 reef after 7 months

civicracer

Hey everybody,
I just wanted to share my progress with you guys. This is my 55 reef it's been up since August. I just took these pics. The tank has crashed twice in the first 2 months. Note to everyone: DO RESEARCH!!!!! Well you live and you learn so let me know what you guys think.

fishamajig

how did your gionpora do? I just got one the other day and people say it is really hard to keep? Where did you get it?

E

eaglefan

It does look like bubble algae, if you pick it out by hand be real careful just like NorCalReef said. You can also buy a emerald crab or two (that is what they like to eat). Goniapora from what I've heard does not do well in the home reef tank. I do like you rock set up I wish I would have built mine up like that. Good luck keep us posted. Hopefully some other people will chime in on the goniapora

civicracer

I got the gonopora from this site for christmas it actually seems to be budding at the base. I do have some emeralds but they seem to stay lower in the tank maybe I'll get a few more. Thanx for the kind words that took me and a friend of mine quite some time to get everything just right.

cre8or23

if any body out there has had a gonipora last longer than 7 months tell me how u did it. IMO they should not be allowed on the trade and reefers should look the other way in their LFS. sorry if i sound so harsh.

fishgrl14

Originally posted by NorCalReef
It looks like bubble alage. Pick it out of your tank, try to not burst it.

if the bubbles burst they will let out even more bubble algy all over your tank so maybe put a bag over it then try to take it out so if some pop they might not get in your tank.:happyfish

fishamajig

not had it for 7 months yet but it is doing well so far. ill have to keep you posted. civic racer you are from the island did you go to the aqua hut lately they had some nice star and yellow polips the other day.