My 6gal JBJ Desktop tank

yukon

Got it wet the day after Christmas

Removed all the stock filtration, added Filter floss, Chemi-pure Elite and Purigen to chamber 1. Added LR rubble, and cheato w/ mini light to chamber 2 to create refuge
Also swapped out stock pump to mini-jet 606(160GPH) in chamber 3 and added a heater in there as well.

Added my LR

Couple frags from my 55 and a new Clarki Clown

Couple frag swaps with members of my local reef club, and some more frags out of the 55gal.

What ya think...?

p&jsmom

great job.... i think its beautiful.....love how you arranged everything,,,, its looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

liljay0418

Looks good Dave, I just started a 5.5 gal. Still going through a mini cycle..........Will be adding coral's and moving to office Friday

yukon

Thanks Guys...
Hey LilJay. Didn't know you hung out over here too. I was just checking out your build on our club's site looking good man.

Notice anything familiar in the backround of the last picture?

liljay0418

Yea, I noticed......was trying to figure out what bears game the ticket stub was in other pic............Im a season ticket holder............

yukon

That was for the Dec23 2007 Bears Vs Green Bay game. I got to tailgate in vip section and Freeze my @$$ off. So cold the beer was starting to freeze and turned into a beer slushy
Awesome game, Bears won and Brett Farve was shutdown

I was actually talking about the forums up on the laptop in the backround.

yukon

Originally Posted by ChickenHedFred
http:///forum/post/3026310
This tank is so cute and beautiful!! I love the aquascape and the colors. Think i might start me a pico!

Thanks ChickenHedFred, I say Do IT! I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of mine. Not just me but everyone at work is getting a kick out of it too. I heard the other day the when I was out of the office one of the boss' that only stops by maybe 3 times a year spent an hour staring into it in amazement.

yukon

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Glad I could inspire
I was inspired by alot of tanks I've seen on this site and got some great ideas from the forums here. No promotion for making it a happier place but I guess I can only dream one day I'll have an office big enough to put in a 210

I picked up the light from a large online store, but since I can't post links I can only tell you that it's a Marina Micro LED Light. Just google it and you should find it.

gouchemonster

how long would it take me to get the results that you have here? Also, if you don't mind sharing, what is the price tag on something like this altogether?

joslinhome

Originally Posted by gouchemonster
http:///forum/post/3044712
how long would it take me to get the results that you have here? Also, if you don't mind sharing, what is the price tag on something like this altogether?
does something this small need a skimmer? How long did it cycle after buying it?

yukon

Originally Posted by gouchemonster
http:///forum/post/3044712
Took about 3 months to get to that point, didn't really keep track of all the costs, I Found a great deal on the tank and most of the corals came from frags in my tank at home and a couple frags from guys in my local club. I can't even guess at this point but I'm sure the wife would be pissed if she knew

No skimmer on this tank since there is no room to put one. I do use purgen and chemi-pure. I also do water changes(12oz) on days I'm at work to help export the waste.