My 72 Gallon Bowfront any Sugestions

quakstar

:help: Also beginner question with the new polyps and mushrooms that i got do i want to do a direct flow on them or just around them???

30-xtra high

my yellow polyps like it best, and open up the most when i aim the powerhead at the glass, and it reflects onto them so it isn't to strong, but they still get current.
and can i have a fish list??
and i'm sure if you built your liverock at one high point you could put some stuff on it, like some star polyps... kenya tree, more shrooms, maybe some zoos?

quakstar

Fish list
Coral Beauty
Yellow tail damsil
Blue damsil
foxface
talbot damsil
On the way order
purpleback pseudocromis
Clow goby green
blue hippo tang show
and a mandarin dragonet ( i have always wanted one so have to try it)
thanx saltwaterfish.com make this a good order :-D

30-xtra high

blue hippos need a 125... foxface need a 90 at LEAST.
with a coral beauty you probly cant have corals.
if the tank isn't at least 6-8 months the madarin will die due to lack of pods and low nutricion.
just so you know... when damsils get old they lose almost all their color, and become extremely territorial and beat up other fish.
personally for a 72... i'd put in a blue spotted kole tang, a royal gramma, pair of perc clowns, 4 b/g chromis, and pair of firefish.

baclieu52

Hi quastar.
Your tank will look more natural if you streak your LR out a little bit and you need more LR, do not argrant rock look like the dump truck just dumped bunch of rock into water. you can add flamme angel or tomato clown for more color, it is just my opinion so i would like to send you my 75 gal tank pix for you to see it. I am not good to write so maybe the pix can help you, good luck with your tank

quakstar

I will give you my big toe and one thumb if you can come set up and run that tank in my house :thinking: I just am no good with aquariums it is something i love but just nothing that has ever worked for me and i will never give up
but as you see in my prior message i have alot of new fish coming for somme color and i just got the mushrooms hopeing they will spread and i have plans to get some other mushrooms but about my rock i really like the way mine is but i would like to work still with it maybe adding just mushroom rocks i am already pushing 120lbs of rock plus my budget is very low and corals and the coral set up is a fortune

quakstar

I know the hippo needs a little bigger but it is a good deal right now and i have a 500 on the way to be set up he will probably be transported there as soon as it gets here and running but thanx for the advise if my fiancee did not live with me what i need is a good aquariumist roomate free rent just make my house look cool with fish :-D

quakstar

and ps i have tons of pods my rock has been in my aquarium for like 2.5 years you can see them at night with a flash light to the side of the tank

quakstar

I got a new polyp rock today and I will put some pictures up of it tonight bbut one of my damsels is bothering the rock what should i do attempt to catch him yay!!!

quakstar

Yeap and the fish that was giving it a hard time was captured this evening and he was armed and dangerous and lead me on a four hour chase throughout my aquarium

quakstar

Hey guys i have Mushrooms at the top some some green star polyps on the left and a bi color zoo rock on the right I have 130 watts on the tank and hope to get pictures of my new additions up soon tonight or tomorrow just waiting on everyone to wake up good together... Also does anyone have any ideas of some pretty corals that can live with 130 watt corallife lights that would look nice in the middle of my rocks at the bottom :help: But i am having a great time

quakstar

They say moderate lighting for Silver Branch Pumping Xenia - Aquacultured do you think 130 watts is enough or am i crazy?