My 75 gallon story...so far.

stevedave08

Well, I got tired of finding dead hermits torn to shreds in the mornings, so I steaked out the tank after lights out las night. My sally light comes out And just started wailing on a little hermit, trying to rip him out of his shell. I separated them and waited, just in case. So buddy decides to go over to where my mandarin is sleeping and starts jabbing it with it's claws. That was it. I took him out and put him in a Tupperware container. I'm going to take him back to the LFS today and see if they'll give me an emerald or two for him. He's huge, about 1 1/2" just body, not counting legs.

stevedave08

Got back from the keys on sunday night, I collected some nice shells for my hermits. I'm still looking for a ready made sump/fuge and taking suggestions if anyone has any for me.

dbestnindy

off topic, but I also have a sally. I suspect that is what is going on in my tank. How did you catch it? My grandson (he's four) says there is a killer in the tank. (sally)

stevedave08

During the day it was always hiding in the rockwork, but the night I watched for him he came out and was on one end of the tank stalking my mandarin. When I reached in to get him he ran toward the rock and clung to it, but I was able to force him off. I took him back to the LFS and they threw him in one of their sumps. I got him out by luck because the rock he clung to didn't have any holes for him to hide in, but I suppose you could watch for him after lights out and see if he comes out in the open...or put some food out for him in an open area of the tank.

stevedave08

Originally Posted by scoobydue4
http:///forum/post/2968881
Beautiful Wrasse! Your feather Duster needs to be on your substrate. It needs sand to build its tube

Thanks man. Yea, I've moved him down since I took those pics. I found that I had like 3 or 4 baby feather dusters on the bottom of the overhang on that rock. How do they add to the tube? It grows from the front, right?

nystyle182

nice tank i recentlt started something similiar to yours im using it as an example.......... hope you dont mind? umm, right now im just treating it its empty except for 25 lbs of crushed white coral. i have 70 lbs of live rock from fiji curing...... i hope im doing it right i got the salt levels set in the tank im going on my second week this sunday. what do i do next? i understand the rock needs another week before i move it in to the tank n two weeks later i'll buy some cheap fish. Which in NY it wont be easy to find..... can i add some annomies or other plant like thing in here before the fish? maybe by week 3? thanks for the help all.............. looking forward to reading your opinions............ much needed by the way. other then the fluval what other pump can i combine with it? thanks and keep up your work on the tank looks amazing

stevedave08

Originally Posted by Nystyle182
http:///forum/post/2969944
nice tank i recentlt started something similiar to yours im using it as an example.......... hope you dont mind? umm, right now im just treating it its empty except for 25 lbs of crushed white coral. i have 70 lbs of live rock from fiji curing...... i hope im doing it right i got the salt levels set in the tank im going on my second week this sunday. what do i do next? i understand the rock needs another week before i move it in to the tank n two weeks later i'll buy some cheap fish. Which in NY it wont be easy to find..... can i add some annomies or other plant like thing in here before the fish? maybe by week 3? thanks for the help all.............. looking forward to reading your opinions............ much needed by the way. other then the fluval what other pump can i combine with it? thanks and keep up your work on the tank looks amazing
What are your water parameters?

nystyle182

im sorry for this questions but ummm water parameters? and i got about 80 lbs of figi live rock, two powerheads 70 aqua clear, fluval 405 with blue light on the return pipe, n a seaclone protien pump which i have not turned on couse it is still cycling

stevedave08

Originally Posted by Nystyle182
http:///forum/post/2970771
im sorry for this questions but ummm water parameters? and i got about 80 lbs of figi live rock, two powerheads 70 aqua clear, fluval 405 with blue light on the return pipe, n a seaclone protien pump which i have not turned on couse it is still cycling
The parameters are your test results. Have you been testing the water at all?