My 90 Gallon reef tank

saltysteele

Originally Posted by afboundguy
http:///forum/post/2614262
Thanks for being so responsible... Let us know when you need to sell the fish when they get bigger

i wish we were all as smart as you.

it's d***'s like you that ruin forums and make people turn away. i think most people come to forums to enjoy other's experiences and share their own, not to be flamed by a bunch of a-holes who are holier than thou. they should open a special part of the forum where you smarty pants can go show each other how smart you are.
but then again, i suppose you knew everything when you were first starting in this hobby, so maybe you don't understand what i'm saying

afboundguy;2614262 said:

It does matter how many fish you keep, they will not be fine
when they (and they will) outgrow your tank. I've heard of people keeping 1-2 huge fish in too small of tanks and having problems and you have 6 fish that require a 6 ft long tank never mind the 11 other fish. QUOTE]
A six foot tank?
Where did you get that number from?

fishygurl

Originally Posted by Saltysteele
http:///forum/post/2616920

it's d***'s like you that ruin forums and make people turn away. i think most people come to forums to enjoy other's experiences and share their own, not to be flamed by a bunch of a-holes who are holier than thou. they should open a special part of the forum where you smarty pants can go show each other how smart you are.
but then again, i suppose you knew everything when you were first starting in this hobby, so maybe you don't understand what i'm saying
im sorry... but this post made me laugh lol, ok first of all who are u callin a ___? you have a lot of attitude in this post... everyone is just trying to be helpful to the person, because these fish will outgrow the tank... expecially with all that live rock in there! good thing they are only babies right now, unfortunatly in the long run they will not be so lucky unless they have a bigger tank or more swimming room, plus if it is a reef, some of the fish and inverts when they get bigger will turn it into a fish only so i feel that this person went by what an LFS said and bought because the fish was pretty, which they are... but to me it sounds like this person did NOT research at all before they bought...
I do think the tank looks nice right now, but i only saw a couple of the fish did the others die? or do they just hide? or did they just happen to not be in the pic?
anyways i feel that if you dont have anything nice to say and stuff and just want to cuss people that are trying to help out, that you should be banned... people come to boards like this to get helped, people that try to help others come to help them, not get cussed out by some person that doesnt want to do research and just keep as many fish as they want not caring how the fish will do in the long run
Success in this hobby is not measured by how many fish u can keep, but how long imo...

billabonk

well how long do you think the fish will grow "HUGE"??? does it takes 1 day? no right.. you all probably don't know what i`m doing.. i had 30 gallon before so i upgraded it when my fish grew bigger to a 90 gallon.. well if in couple years my tangs will out grow the tank i'll be upgrading the tank to a giant swimming pool so you all will be happy and not calling me selfish or irresponsible .. *this is not turning people away from the forum but you all can see .. a bunch of people just talking s*** about somebody else tank without knowing what the hell they're talking about*

saltysteele

Originally Posted by FishyGurl
http:///forum/post/2617040
im sorry... but this post made me laugh lol, ok first of all who are u callin a ___? you have a lot of attitude in this post... everyone is just trying to be helpful to the person, because these fish will outgrow the tank... expecially with all that live rock in there! good thing they are only babies right now, unfortunatly in the long run they will not be so lucky unless they have a bigger tank or more swimming room, plus if it is a reef, some of the fish and inverts when they get bigger will turn it into a fish only so i feel that this person went by what an LFS said and bought because the fish was pretty, which they are... but to me it sounds like this person did NOT research at all before they bought...
I do think the tank looks nice right now, but i only saw a couple of the fish did the others die? or do they just hide? or did they just happen to not be in the pic?
anyways i feel that if you dont have anything nice to say and stuff and just want to cuss people that are trying to help out, that you should be banned... people come to boards like this to get helped, people that try to help others come to help them, not get cussed out by some person that doesnt want to do research and just keep as many fish as they want not caring how the fish will do in the long run
Success in this hobby is not measured by how many fish u can keep, but how long imo...
no need to be sorry, it'll be okay.
who am i calling an ahole? i'm calling whoever responds to ANYONE in an elitist, holier-than-thou (as I stated) attitude. i may be stupid, but i am not stupid enough to miss the negative connotation addressed to the originator of this post. i don't care if he is right or wrong, it's not necessary.
"anyways i feel that if you dont have anything nice to say and stuff and just want to cuss people that are trying to help out, that you should be banned..."
EXACTLY!! also, i don't believe i cussed anyone out. sorry if eluding to a couple "naughty" words hurt your feelings.
anyway, i'm done. i guess being able to keep fish for a long time also helps to raise your ego and ability flame people and feel good about yourself. after all, you know more than them, right?

fishygurl

well its good that u have the money to upgrade...imo it would just be cheaper to get the size of tank they would need when fully grown instead of upgrading all the time, but its your call... and yes ik they wont grow in one day, but they can still get stressed as they are growing
and im sorry if i offended anyone i was just trying to help, i believe this person was just trying to share pics of their tank (which is gorgeous right now) and wanted to see input that other people have on it, not trying to start a fight and if people continue fighting then mods may lock the post which would be sad for the original poster
so anyways lets just all stop fighting... my vote would be just get rid of a couple tangs or upgrade your tank, why do you need 2 blue hippo tangs? you could get rid of one and there u go a 12 inch fish less in the future... jmo

afboundguy

Originally Posted by billabonk
http:///forum/post/2605719
and i'd like to know what you think... please give feedback or suggestion

it's d***'s like you that ruin forums and make people turn away. i think most people come to forums to enjoy other's experiences and share their own, not to be flamed by a bunch of a-holes who are holier than thou... i suppose you knew everything when you were first starting in this hobby, so maybe you don't understand what i'm saying
I was giving my feedback as requested. I also used facts from various stores/books to give the max size for the species that were listed. Most people come to forums to get advice and input which I was giving. I have had the "noobie" experiences and have known many people who have made the same mistakes.
Originally Posted by billabonk

http:///forum/post/2617363
well how long do you think the fish will grow "HUGE"??? does it takes 1 day? no right.. you all probably don't know what i`m doing.. i had 30 gallon before so i upgraded it when my fish grew bigger to a 90 gallon.. well if in couple years my tangs will out grow the tank i'll be upgrading the tank to a giant swimming pool so you all will be happy and not calling me selfish or irresponsible .. *this is not turning people away from the forum but you all can see .. a bunch of people just talking s*** about somebody else tank without knowing what the hell they're talking about*
If you had mentioned that you were intenting to upgrade in the future I would have been a little more understanding. I still believe the "plan to upgrade to a bigger tank" is asking for trouble but if you've done it before there will be a better chance you will again. As mentioned above I don't know everything but I know some stuff and I didn't mean to bash you I just was telling you my feedback with my experience.

http:///forum/post/2617366
no need to be sorry, it'll be okay.
who am i calling an ahole? i'm calling whoever responds to ANYONE in an elitist, holier-than-thou (as I stated) attitude. i may be stupid, but i am not stupid enough to miss the negative connotation addressed to the originator of this post. i don't care if he is right or wrong, it's not necessary.
"anyways i feel that if you dont have anything nice to say and stuff and just want to cuss people that are trying to help out, that you should be banned..."
EXACTLY!! also, i don't believe i cussed anyone out. sorry if eluding to a couple "naughty" words hurt your feelings.
anyway, i'm done. i guess being able to keep fish for a long time also helps to raise your ego and ability flame people and feel good about yourself. after all, you know more than them, right?

Well you did call me a D#@$ and I don't appreciate it. If you read some of the post there were others that had my same view. I do agree I was a little condiscending in my last comment of my origional post about needing to sell back the fish.
As mentioned above it was not posted that billabonk was going to upgrade later on down the road. I was not trying to be a jerk about it I was just using facts about the max fish size and the fact that most people would agree that 5-6 fish that grow to 9" - 1 1/2 ft in a 90 gallon tank is way to much.
As for the pics of the tang police that was a joke and I appologize if anyone was offended.

matt b

I love how some people say YOU NEED A 6 foot tank for a tang. Like the extra 2 feet is going to make a fish of that kind that swims MILES aday happy? You should not have a tang unless you have a 200+ aquarium IMO. I am not the tang police but I hate it when people get fish they really should not have. It is bad enuf that we are taking fish and corals and putting them in tanks shouldent we atleast give them the home they can feel good in? There are ALOT of nice fish that could go in that tank what made you go with a tang?

matt b

This forum is for learning. This person with the tangs needs to learn. People are trying to teach him. What is the problem? Hows your mandarin in your 12gal?

matt b

- 2 wild blue regal tank 4 inches and 1/2 inch
- 2 wild percula clown 2 inches and 1 inch
- 2 green chomis damsel both are 1 inch
- 1 wild sailfin tang desjardinii (red sea) 3 inches
- 1 wild powder blue tang 3 inches
- 1 six line wrasse 2 inches
- 1 scooter blenny 1 inch
- 1 diamond goby 4 inches
- 1 wild black reidi sea horse kuda 4 inches
- 1 yellow kuda sea horse 3 inches
- 1 emperor angel (juvenile) 3 inches
- 1 yellow coris wrasse 2 inches
- 1 yellow tang 3 inches
- 1 blonde naso tang 3 inches
How do you not see anything wrong with these fish in a 90? For one a seahorse should NOT even be in there cause of the flow and I doubt they get enuf food. And then 4 angels/tangs? I am sorry but WTF are you thinking? No matter how big they are NONE of those fish should be in there. And I am sure the sixline and coris wrasse are just best friends (joking)

afboundguy

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2617705
I love how some people say YOU NEED A 6 foot tank for a tang. Like the extra 2 feet is going to make a fish of that kind that swims MILES aday happy? You should not have a tang unless you have a 200+ aquarium IMO. I am not the tang police but I hate it when people get fish they really should not have. It is bad enuf that we are taking fish and corals and putting them in tanks shouldent we atleast give them the home they can feel good in? There are ALOT of nice fish that could go in that tank what made you go with a tang?
I only used the 6 ft tank as a starting point. Some of the info on the above mentioned fish states that they need a 100-120 gallon tank (which I agree with you is still too small) A 125 gal tank that is 6 ft long is better for a tang than a 120 gal 4 ft long tank. I was just saying that it is better to have a longer tank for more swimming area.
One thing to note is that even a 200 gallon tank might not be enough for tangs if it is too short but I see where you're going with your point.

saltysteele

sorry for calling you a d***, and for offending anyone i offended. i work in the health care industry, and see people being treated wrongly, because they don't know what "we" know. i've found that someone may not know everything you know, but there is usually something they DO know that you have no clue about. everyone deserves at least a little respect, until they prove they don't deserve it. this is one of my sore toes (in case you hadn't noticed
), so on a bad day, it can elicit the reaction you saw

i guess what i'm trying to say is, i love you guys

afboundguy

No harm no foul. Thanks for the appology. Everybody has bad days... come to think about it I did post first while I was at work and I'm always having a bad day while I'm at work

billabonk

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2617716
- 2 wild blue regal tank 4 inches and 1/2 inch
- 2 wild percula clown 2 inches and 1 inch
- 2 green chomis damsel both are 1 inch
- 1 wild sailfin tang desjardinii (red sea) 3 inches
- 1 wild powder blue tang 3 inches
- 1 six line wrasse 2 inches
- 1 scooter blenny 1 inch
- 1 diamond goby 4 inches
- 1 wild black reidi sea horse kuda 4 inches
- 1 yellow kuda sea horse 3 inches
- 1 emperor angel (juvenile) 3 inches
- 1 yellow coris wrasse 2 inches
- 1 yellow tang 3 inches
- 1 blonde naso tang 3 inches
How do you not see anything wrong with these fish in a 90? For one a seahorse should NOT even be in there cause of the flow and I doubt they get enuf food. And then 4 angels/tangs? I am sorry but WTF are you thinking? No matter how big they are NONE of those fish should be in there. And I am sure the sixline and coris wrasse are just best friends (joking)
i have this tank for 2 years and never have any problem with the seahorse and the fishes ...