My 90 gallon tank

doraemon

Hello all,
Just wanted to share my tank with you guys. Maybe you guys can give me some insight regarding my tank.
Thanks,

doraemon

Yea im still cycling but i also just redid my sump so thats probably why its cloudy too... I hoping my skimmer will start to skim soon. Calibrating the skimmer is a tricky one...
Its been running for about 6 weeks now.

t316

Alright...you ready for some honest feedback, or do want me to tell what you want to hear?

t316

Originally Posted by doraemon
http:///forum/post/2567579
i will go with honest.
I was just kidding with you

Setup looks really good. Here's one suggestion though...As far as the rock work (aquascaping), since you have mostly rounded rocks, how about seperating them into two different sides. Build up a pile on the left wall and another on the right, with the center open. If you decide to add more lr, you can create a bridge in between. And as you are building, don't forget to make caves instead of having the appearance of just one big rock pile.
Good looking tank though....would like to see more pics as it comes along. Not sure what the lights are, but they seem really good.

doraemon

lol thanks for you input. i was wondering about what you had to say. i was thinking " i only have rocks and sand.. what can be wrong? " lol. as for the rock goes i was going for a slope down the right side and also cover up the overflow. but if i can find a big rock, i might check out your idea. As for the light its just a nova t5 with new bulbs. i will do my best to keep the pictures going so i can get some input from everyone and also have a journey of my tank

t316

Well in that case, disregard my suggestion because you did a good job...I didn't even notice the overflow, and your technique is right on, as far as hiding the overflow. I would keep that objective there then, and just build from here with some ledges and caves. Looks like it's going to be really cool though

mcbdz

Welcome to SWF.
Looks like you are off to a good start.
If you haven't already, while your take is doing it's thing read through the threads at the top of this forum. They will put you way ahead of where a lot of us started.

Good luck and enjoy the addiction.