my alveopora is sick

i've had this alveopora for 6 months now, and its been doing fine until 1 day i dont know what happened and my heater died, and i was out of town at camp so the nwhen i came back i immediately bought a new one. but someone grew on my alveopora
on 1 half of the ball, its like a black algae thing thats on the skeleton that prevents it from spreading out. and now the algae is spreading how do i stop this?
param
sal 1.025
nitrate 0
nit 0
amm 0
cal 400

J

jrthomas40

can you get a pic??...it is related to gonioporas aka flowerpot coral...they are notorious for not having a long tank life 6 months is about the mark but some have had luck with theirs and kept it longer...you could be in the unfortunate group i know i have had 2 goni's and 1 aleveopora...thinkin i might get lucky but i was not

gah srry my camera is like dieing right now, well the algae is like just on the skeleton if u know what i mean, its not blocking the passsages but its on the skeleton

J

jrthomas40

when mine would die the polyps would stop coming out then this brownish redish slime would start to form over the polyps not extending then eventually the whole thing was covered and nothing but skeleton left